Your most memorable Christmas toys

I was maybe 11-12 and sister 8-9 when we went out to the living room and met Sam and Waldo Christmas morning. Sam was older and had seen it all; Waldo younger and viewing the world with hope and enthusiasm. My dog Blackie was not at all sure that either of them was necessary, because - look! - she could eat carrots just as well as them. She was right; mostly Sam and Waldo focused on eating Canada thistle buds and whatever else was in the pasture and avoiding/ignoring anyone who tried to sit on their backs. Still, donkeys by the Christmas tree - pretty darn memorable.

I was maybe 11-12 and sister 8-9 when we went out to the living room and met Sam and Waldo Christmas morning. Sam was older and had seen it all; Waldo younger and viewing the world with hope and enthusiasm. My dog Blackie was not at all sure that either of them was necessary, because - look! - she could eat carrots just as well as them. She was right; mostly Sam and Waldo focused on eating Canada thistle buds and whatever else was in the pasture and avoiding/ignoring anyone who tried to sit on their backs. Still, donkeys by the Christmas tree - pretty darn memorable.

There MUST be pictures someplace! (I hope.)

Some of those units also allowed you to create vacuum-molded items by heating up a plastic sheet, flipping it over onto a mold and pumping it to remove the air. Given the risks of fire (overheating the plastic sheet), burns and the fumes from the plastic, I doubt they could ever sell something like that now.

I had that as well, It was called called Vac-U-Form.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224601309513?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Some of those units also allowed you to create vacuum-molded items by heating up a plastic sheet, flipping it over onto a mold and pumping it to remove the air. Given the risks of fire (overheating the plastic sheet), burns and the fumes from the plastic, I doubt they could ever sell something like that now.

I had that as well, It was called called Vac-U-Form.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224601309513?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Yeah, when I was perhaps 5 or 6, mom and dad bought us a wood burning kit. What could possibly go wrong with something like that?:angel:

PreWar Trains

Lionel trains, no American Flyer crap. This got me into collecting PreWar trains.
Here is one room of several, these range from 1907 to about 1935 (not all shown here).

Attachments

• Mostly Ives Eureka Ave.jpg
    Mostly Ives Eureka Ave.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 4
Yeah, when I was perhaps 5 or 6, mom and dad bought us a wood burning kit. What could possibly go wrong with something like that?:angel:
I forgot about those wood burning kits. My brother got one of those one year, but I don't really have any memories of its use beyond him getting it. Also a leathercraft kit - I have memories of that being used.

A Tiny Tears doll. She came with a little suitcase containing several beautiful dresses,a red velvet coat and hat, etc. Heaven! I had that doll until a few years ago when I downsized a lot of stuff.

Christmas gifts were nothing to speak of as a kid. We had very little, but I had one sister that was 12 years older than I. She brought me a car that would go forward and backward. I treasured that car and hardly ever played with it because I didn't want it damaged. I got a piece of clothing was mostly what I got necessity items. Not fun things.

We usually received one toy and the rest were pjs, sox, undies....with 4 kids, Christmas was a time to replenish the clothes!

Back
Top Bottom