Your yacht is bigger than mine!

It is interesting how all the state owned resources of the USSR got funneled into a few oligarchs, but that is another story.
Yep. "Russian billionaire" is probably better translated as "Russian mobster".

But can he take the conn and bring her into port and tie up at the pier? If not, he's just a non-qual FLOB. Rich, to be sure, but still a FLOB.

We were on the Regal Princess last week. We docked at Sint Maarten and Sailing Yacht A docked next to us. It is listed as the largest sail assisted yacht in the world. It is owned by a Russian Billionaire. It is over 460 ft. long and the estimated cost is north of $400M. It has a crew of 54. For comparison, the Regal Princess was estimated to cost about $750M. You can get an idea of the size if you note the very small tractor trailer tanker truck in the lower right corner of the photo. We saw five tankers of diesel fuel delivered. We went into town and could have missed some. It was pretty impressive and the talk of "our soon to be" completely inadequate ship.

UGLY!

Don't know about ugly. Looks like a modern military inspired hull. Maybe he's worried about torpedoes.

All those making negative comments need to remember these are Russians. I have heard they are good at hacking the internet. They may already know who you are and where you live. Mr. Melnichenko, I like your boat and I think it is beautiful! :flowers:

Last edited:
It's only 2.6% of his reported networth. So by FIRE standards, a reasonable expenditure. Just ask RobbieB! :)

Kidding aside, we saw 5 tractor trailers of diesel pull up. Assuming 9k gallons per truck and $4 per gallon for diesel, thats a $180,000 fill up!

Wonder if his credit card has a limit high enough to get it on one card or does he have one of the crew with a pile of cards he keeps inserting into the pump to keep it going :)

I remember back when gas was $4 there was a pickup with 2nd tank that ran into a limit of $75 per purchase. Owner had to return to pump and start the process again as it was about $110 to fill up.

I remember back when gas was $4 there was a pickup with 2nd tank that ran into a limit of $75 per purchase. Owner had to return to pump and start the process again as it was about $110 to fill up.

I often exceed $100 if I have my diesel Excursion, along with my two 5 gallon diesel cans (40 gallons).

Back
Top Bottom