6 months in

littledoc

Confused about dryer sheets
greetings from the east coast; 6 months in and so far, so good...have been enjoying the forum...littledoc

Welcome. Pretty good place here. Tell us about your experience. Did it go like planned?

thank yu...after 35 years, was able to retire at 56. spouse is 53 and retired 3 yrs ago. i almost did, but wasn't quite ready. in the early 1980's, we realized we could early retire in our 50's. pay yourself first and :cool: what i now see as LBYM. after 6 months of retirement, lifesyle pretty much as expected except i don't miss the work as much as i thought i would.

Good News!
Congrats and welcome to the FIRE life.
good that you don't miss work, seems like quite a few people do after they retire....6 years and I don't..there's a lot of other things to do...enjoy

Welcome! 3 months retired for me and seems like ages ago. Don't miss it at all. I thought the transition might be a little harder but glad I was wrong. :)

Six months in for me too!

And I'm loving every minute of it! I thought that I would at least think about my previous employment, but I find that I rarely do -- and even then, it's never with regret. I am perfectly content -- I almost feel like a child again, discovering new things to do, eating when hungry, resting when tired, joyful!

Congrats!

Congrats. Enjoy it... you earned it! O0

Congrats! I'm looking forward to ER....hopefully 13 months to go (although I will probably do some PT work in a gym/fitness studio for pocket money and interest). Anyway, I use to think I could never retire...was addicted to Megacorp 10 -12 hour days....thinking I was making a difference. Reality set in and now I'm in a countdown mode.
Again, congrats to you!

Back
Top Bottom