a book

pinkpanther

Confused about dryer sheets
well ive read some postings on some books.but i dont think they are the ones im looking for.id really like a beginners book that explains what bonds are for.how they work.wich bonds are good for what im looking for.also other things like annuitys and how they work.i made pretty good in the market.but when i retire,i dont want to keep it all in there.id like to pull half out and put into a secure investmant.then the rest i can play with.but finding a book that explains all that is prooving diffacult to find.anyone know of any titles or authers? i was thinking maybe tom brinker might have one out.

Gillette Edmunds has a book "how to retire early and live well on less than a million dollars" or similar title...if you cant find it let me know and i'll go look for it. Short, quick read, covers most of the asset classes and provides some decent opinions on investing.

Unlike 'the four pillars' and 'the millionaire next door', you can actually read this in an evening sitting and not feel like your brain has been replaced with a chunk of concrete.

pinkpanther said:
well ive read some postings on some books.but i dont think they are the ones im looking for.id really like a beginners book that explains what bonds are for.how they work.wich bonds are good for what im looking for.also other things like annuitys and how they work.i made pretty good in the market.but when i retire,i dont want to keep it all in there.id like to pull half out and put into a secure investmant.then the rest i can play with.but finding a book that explains all that is prooving diffacult to find.anyone know of any titles or authers? i was thinking maybe tom brinker might have one out.

One the bonds, see Annette Thau PhD's The Bond Book. She was a muni bond analyst @ Chase Manhattan Bank, and a visiting scholar [on bonds] at Columbia. Well written and easy to understand.

I don't know of any books on annuities - that is any books not written by the insurance salesmen.  ::)

- Alec

Back
Top Bottom