Full name disclosure rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several thoughts on how things differ with geography:

- You mention you were told not to compost. Here in California they are requiring composting of food waste. We've had 'green bins' for years in many neighborhoods - for leaves/tree trimmings... Now you are supposed to put your food waste in them as well. We don't because we have a compost bin that is producing amazing soil for our veggie patch.

- You mention your back fence is 'city management'... I'm not sure exactly what that means, but perhaps it means you back up to a parcel owned by the city. Regardless - if the fence is inadequate, you can put a fence just inside your side of the property line and properly fence the area to keep the hens in and the predators out. It doesn't work for flying predators... we've looked at having hens but we have hawks and owls in our neighborhood because we are near a canyon.

- I understand that you feel they are unfairly citing you. At some point you may have to accept that 'might makes right'... and the city is mightier than most homeowners... You can appeal the decision, but is it a good choice for your mental health. I totally get wanting to fight for your rights... but losing repeatedly is not a good long term strategy.

FWIW - we are in a city, we have a veggie patch, fruit trees, on a quarter acre. But we don't call ourselves farmers... We just like fresh herbs, beans, tomatoes, onions, shallots, etc. And we never have to go far for limes for a fresh marguerita or gin and tonics or lemons to make limoncello... just to our back yard. We have neighbors with chickens but the local owl got the rooster not too long ago... And the owl lives in an owl box another neighbor put up... I don't complain about the rooster, or the owl that ate it... both are legal and the owl and hawks are really cool to watch.

Several thoughts on how things differ with geography:

- You mention you were told not to compost. Here in California they are requiring composting of food waste. We've had 'green bins' for years in many neighborhoods - for leaves/tree trimmings... Now you are supposed to put your food waste in them as well. We don't because we have a compost bin that is producing amazing soil for our veggie patch.

- You mention your back fence is 'city management'... I'm not sure exactly what that means, but perhaps it means you back up to a parcel owned by the city. Regardless - if the fence is inadequate, you can put a fence just inside your side of the property line and properly fence the area to keep the hens in and the predators out. It doesn't work for flying predators... we've looked at having hens but we have hawks and owls in our neighborhood because we are near a canyon.

- I understand that you feel they are unfairly citing you. At some point you may have to accept that 'might makes right'... and the city is mightier than most homeowners... You can appeal the decision, but is it a good choice for your mental health. I totally get wanting to fight for your rights... but losing repeatedly is not a good long term strategy.

FWIW - we are in a city, we have a veggie patch, fruit trees, on a quarter acre. But we don't call ourselves farmers... We just like fresh herbs, beans, tomatoes, onions, shallots, etc. And we never have to go far for limes for a fresh marguerita or gin and tonics or lemons to make limoncello... just to our back yard. We have neighbors with chickens but the local owl got the rooster not too long ago... And the owl lives in an owl box another neighbor put up... I don't complain about the rooster, or the owl that ate it... both are legal and the owl and hawks are really cool to watch.

Thanks for the reply.
I am familiar food waste management thru south korea system. they do charge per volume though. they have to buy the trash bag. Actually, I like korea system much better. if a household waste is small amount they can buy a small bag. It is not just money reason, the green trash can way can be smelly and causing flies if once a week pickup.

My backyard back fence is connected to a cul de sac at the bottom of U part. So there is some trees and old logs neglected. Mainly, I see there are many asbestosis roof tile at the bottom of the fence in the city part. But to remove these, it has to be disturbed and digging up all soil for the live trees. I know birds live there. I saw they cut all tress at park, a baby hawk lost home. Not sure if it was to remove the hawk. I think it was just annual spring cut. But I concern health hazard material around and when it rains, the water comes pass them and come to my yard and I have chickens as well. So these thing was not managed well, but they are bugging me.

My bamboo post thruout all yard for hawk prevention is working. I heard my Roos and other wild bird make noise badly last night. It seems to have predator around. They seemed to warn each other to be careful since I now can understand fowl sound better. And realized we call small bird is singing and chicken crow is noise. Unfair haha. Chicken is not allowed indoor. So means chihuahua is allowed but no great Dane shouldnt be manner.

One neighbor knocked my door one day to notice me the fox was around the day. She said it had been around even before my chicks.

I lost two chicken so far. one from predator, another one from harsh weather. Sorry for them and me. But I am ok to accept death is in a life process.

Like I mentioned the tarp part was not provided the section number. I read the letter again, and so the section number given as the property maintenance. But it not given any specific number it was written for tarp part.

this is what I got.

Good evening your extension request is granted to 3/27/2024. If you wish to keep the tarps/coverings you may appeal or even request a permit use. But this may also uncover more issues . The decision is yours to make.

So with this manner, I want to win the cases to have more freedom to farm.

I walk the district every day. I see violations all thru. dead tree log there for years etc. And I know the exact same kind greenhouse cover owner in the same district. I talked him yday, did you get any cite, answer is no. I know a house with roos and exceed number for pet number/household etc.

So I feel like it is abusive manner to threaten way. And it is because the city law was written not specifically. And mainly people use tarp outdoor. The letter said it is not long term use. I have had that 3year already and still years to go condition.

I complained my cases thru facebook and noticed my city was well known fame for these issue. people dont have respect for my city workers too. Everything is too slow too.

Last edited:
I didnt have a problem to recommend my city until now.

If your only issues are not being allowed to keep roosters and not being allowed to store your wood chips in a pile, you're doing pretty well! But likely, you're going to need to move to an unincorporated area with no/few municipal ordinances/rules to restrict your chosen lifestyle.

If your only issues are not being allowed to keep roosters and not being allowed to store your wood chips in a pile, you're doing pretty well! But likely, you're going to need to move to an unincorporated area with no/few municipal ordinances/rules to restrict your chosen lifestyle.

People saying I need to move. But I was gonna keep this house long time anyway because low maintenance fee. I even installed solar panel. now no need lawn care. low tax.

Due to my dogs condition, he is fine, but he is senior so need rest of time. And he has seizure, brian tumor, and blind issue. So he likes me to stay with him. So he is familiar with this house and area, so I dont plan to move until he dies. So I wont take to time for search off line. And I may be thinking Kauai, HI now.

And since my final destination would be farm life, if start real farming, I cant go travel much. So I may be traveling for a while before settle to real farming.

I am selling my properties one per year due to tax saving and my energy and stress level. I still have 7 to go.

And I prefer to build a house and farm, so people easily said to move many things going on in my mind.

Last edited:
OP, you are "farming" on a regular city lot.

My city lot is larger than yours, but I still called it gardening, and ate my own produce with great enjoyment.

(5) Farming, including the cultivation and sale of any plant crops and domestic animals.

This county r-1 zone saying. and this is what my city allows even though they didnt type. And I have chicken and bees it is not only gardening.

What is the legal definition of a farm?
1197-1206.In American law. “Farm” denotes a tract of land devoted in part, at least, to cultivation,for agricultural purposes, without reference to its extent, or to the tenure bywhich it is held.

when i got the farm registration, i was expecting just some big number such as 43333445 like this.

but how it was written was farm 13, tract 14.

I didnt know why at first, now I know why.

I have been talking with the person who issued, she believes I shouldnt have any problem to call it a farm.

Last edited:
So finally, I met a lawyer in person. most of phone calls were rejecting for their specialty or no appeal or cant be against the city etc. And my dignity for the cost was $10k haha. I didnt sign yet, because he made me a doubt.

At the beginning of conversation, he was gonna write his name on my appeal paper, I said please do not, I have not decided it yet to hire you.

And by my mistake, I revealed how much rich and mad I am.

And I showed my homework, and he thought I did very well, because I could prove they were wrong with even my homework.

So I asked his cost, and he said $10k lumpsum. hmmmm, I dont think most of people dont have the option to pay 10k lumpsum, but he was writing his name on my paper without discuss the cost first.

I have very highly sensitive sense by nuance or gesture etc. I felt he threw the stone because I showed the upset and kept talking I will do the appeal no matter what.

Since I am an investor, I always try to have bid for contractor job and see people just throw numbers to win the case by accident.

He was saying ordinance cases, by law, cant charge contingency etc. I asked motion to sanction for reimbursement, and he said he cant do that this case.

But I was clearly told it can be done motion to sanction way by the free legal system. I have some mistrustful issue and very research person. So I am researching again.

I understand the hourly rate of lawyer around $350/h, and he thinks it can be about 30-40 hrs work even though I provided all resources to make sound the work hard.

I am still willing to go for it, as long as all thing is trustful.

And I am still waiting for more phone calls for more lawyers, and I will not disclosure my wealth at the next time though.

This thread reminds me of the expression that some people have more money than common sense.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever met a $10,000 rooster before.

You can buy a lot of high quality organic eggs and chicken meat for $10,000.

Wow, I guess it is myfault I am too demanding to expecting some comprehensive skill from the city and here.
My point of this fight is not chicken at all now.
I found their misconduct too much.
I thought it was one idiot worker problem, but it is not. they dont use the law at all. they act whatever they want. they know municipality law cant be beaten and no one has that much money to spend, they act like a dictator.
USDA agent was at my house today, nothing wrong to call my backyard to a farm.
They just didnt type the law even though they are applying to the law.
The idiot worker was at court, and his job is to approve the permit for hens, and saying the city doesnt allow farming. the hens means farming by the law.
The judge was not neutral to listen. There is the dumb question about hens, but she was just dismissed she doesnt allow farming. All of them were not thinking comprehensive way. They think what they say is the law.
Now even public worker try to cite me for greenhouse cover, there is no such a rule in the law. I directly asked many times specific section number, finally he is not replying back and stopped the threatening manner. USDA worker even questioned what is wrong with. I know exact same kind owner in the same district, he didnt get cite. I informed the discrimination to the public worker, now he has been quiet.
I cant let it be this way with my personality. If do, they will do it more freely.
I reported the misconduct to the Senator at least. I kept finding more place to report at least.
I filed to appeal anyway today.
The judge was even giving me wrong file fee info, so I had to do more driving back and forth to make exact money order. She made it sound more to scare me to give up due to money.

Last edited:
It is entertaining to read this thread. You won't find sympathy here. No one wants an unsightly and smelly "farm" in their city neighborhood. It brings down the value of homes. The stench from chicken **** is unbearable. Then there is your rooster. Some may not mind, but there are plenty of others who do. Our "comprehensive" skill tells us that you won't win your case.

It is best that you take some of your $4M to buy a farm in the rural area.

It is entertaining to read this thread. You won't find sympathy here. No one wants an unsightly and smelly "farm" in their city neighborhood. It brings down the value of homes. The stench from chicken **** is unbearable. Then there is your rooster. Some may not mind, but there are plenty of others who do. Our "comprehensive" skill tells us that you won't win your case.

It is best that you take some of your $4M to buy a farm in the rural area.

I will let you know what my neighbors are thinking. I wrote a letter to ask their opinion.
Heww, at least I could talk one person today, USDA agent, believing what I am doing is really important and agreed how beautiful my farm is.

What you are imagine is so old school for old farming way with animal cruelty way. And why I am having so much woodchip to absorb poop smell. so there is no smell.

So somebody donate money to some charity can be praise act. But I am spending time and energy to help the nature is regarded as ignorant activity.

Even if that lawyer fee is a big to me too, but in my belief, it is one way to help the society too. But you guys think your belief is the only right way.

Finding the manipulation of rooster rule is a big stuff.
Because of sunshine law, now all the law is open. I can see every website has access to request any report on their website. So I can see the effort to meet the law requirement.
So the right to farm act was written everywhere to meet the requirement. But since a judge said that it doesnt say, now the law is not there in her belief.
They could act whatever they say because there was no access to check before.
Now the era is gone and we can check. People dont care, but there is some people care including me.
And even one member did here, can check remotely online to the exact law.
So they advertised their law ok to have rooster, and then with no rooster people lose their asset by wrong saying. So it is personal asset. you think chicken is a thing, but now we have to report to personal property too.
So free legal system, or when I got consulted by lawyers, I showed all written law, I was not just insisting my story. So they got my point, but they dont bother to be against the city for their future practice. Because it is pointing out how they were doing it for long time.

Last edited:
I cant see why america is so behind.

Avian flu is a real danger right now to human. It is spreading amongst birds in Europe. It had been an Issue of spreading to human in Asia periodically. Best to not live with chickens.

Last edited:
Avian flu is a real danger right now to human. It is spreading amongst birds in Europe. It had been an Issue of spreading to human in Asia periodically. Best to not live with chickens.

haha, I am pretty positive you may have anxiety problem if you interpret things that way. And as you mentioned, it can happen, so farming is hard job, so why farming should be more supported.

Human species have HIV. and Covid is another virus, so you are saying we shouldnt live with human, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom