American abroad in middle east looking to invest

yankabroad

Confused about dryer sheets
Greetings all. Glad to have found this forum. After a bit of restlessness in the US, a year ago I packed up the family and moved to Istanbul, Turkey for an adventure. I am 36 with a wife and two daughters. We are looking for business and investing opportunities in this part of the world. Currently we invest in a project in Latin America as well as in a bit of real estate in the US. Looking forward to participating in some of these discussions and meeting you all.

Welcome aboard yankabroad .

T
urkey isnt the usual place that comes to mind when getting itchy feet,
do you have relatives there?What did the daughters think of the move?
If i told my family that we were off to Turkey it would have been a lonesome trip:D

Hey there Jambo101, thanks for the message. Yes, you are right, Istanbul isn't at the top of most lists for places to move abroad to, it is however a fascinating exotic city. It met our criteria for personal and business reasons. I have a masters degree in Teaching English as a Second Language and in Istanbul there is a high demand for that as well as a rapidly developing economy to pay for it. My wife and kids are also enjoying the completely different culture and world view over here. There is a large ex-pat community so there is a bit of home away from home here. On the business/investing end of things, it like the US and Canada was in the 1950's with many business opportunities yet to be explored. It is for the time being satisfying that itch to see and experience the world.

Wow, Turkey. We are just in the early planning stages of a trip for either fall 2008 or spring 2009. If you had to choose a good month to visit, what would you suggest? I'm thinking of either May or late September/early October.

Back
Top Bottom