Back After A Decade

Epiphone

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello! I joined this forum about nine years ago when I could see the writing on the wall at my job of thirteen years. It was the most awesome feeling to walk out of that building for the last time, knowing that I didn't have to worry about having money and making money without the corporate hotshots making my life miserable. My wife and high school sweetheart and I started socking away money when we were in our late teens.

Now about nine years into what I thought was going to be so called retirement has turned into a semi-full time career almost exclusively out of our home. This is our current situation without going into the nuts and bolts. We have 2.3 million saved. We take six thousand a month from our portfolio. We pay through the nose for health insurance because my wife is pretty ill and we have made many visits to the hospital, including some stays in the ICU. Our house is paid for and our kids are grown and doing well.

My part time job has turned into a six figure a year gig, thanks to my bookkeeper/bill collector wife who runs a pretty tight ship.I don't know if I have to work, but I still have a desire to earn money as long as someone wants to pay me for doing something fun. I read this forum every few days to see if others are in the same boat at my age(58). Thanks for listening and I love reading all of your stories!

Last edited:
My wife and high school sweetheart and I started socking away money when we were in our late teens.

You must have awesome diplomatic skills. I'm very impressed that the three of you can get along so well!
:cool:

So what age did you leave your job?

What kind of business did you start?

Sounds like you have a got it figured out, I would like to know how you made it happen.
Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Epiphany, Hope your DW's health improves and congrats on turning lemons into lemonade

When you say you pay thru the nose for health insurance is that because your go for the best possible policy? I understood being exempt from pre-existing conditions in the health care act would help people save some money.

Back
Top Bottom