Been so long....

Sarah in SC

Moderator Emeritus
Hi, my name is Sarah and I've been away for far too long from my early retirement peeps that I felt I needed to post a "Hi, I am"! :D

But I have been busy in the interim, wrapping up my classes next week to finish my bachelor's degree. Commencement is on July 10th. The best news of all is that I got a boat for graduation! She's just outside of Annapolis now and will be coming home via the ICW by the 4th of July.

I've missed this place so much as school dragged on and on, but I'm so happy to be done. It was worth it to lose my social life for 8 months, I suppose....so....what'd I miss? :D

Here's a picture of the Stella Rose. She's a 1976 Marine Trader Double Cabin trawler and she's just lovely!

Coming to Charleston? Get ready to go on an sunset cruise--we'll be waiting at the dock!

Sarah

Attachments

• Stella.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 221
Awww, thanks! I missed you very much, too! Now I can return to wasting as much time as I want to on whatever I want to do! I love being a grownup all over again. :)

Congratulations on the finishing the bachelor's. As one who done it well past my twenties, while w*rking full time, do appreciate the effort required.

By the way, nice tub for a present. Enjoy.

I figured that you'd moved to Mongolia.

Sarah, I am so happy to have you back. Congratulations on getting your degree, and on that excellent graduation present.

In your absence we decided that members can post in any language they desire; it helps the mods to avoid the idle hands problem. And the forum is just as useful as before, even though we often can't comprehend the posts.

Ha

Wow, that's a nice boat. Wellcome back, Sarah, and congrats.

And just a minor clarification: ;)
In your absence we decided that members can post songs in any language they desire...

Sarah!
Glad you're back! Congratulations on the degree, and the boat's a beaut!

Rita

Stella reminds me of the Bubba Gump shrimpin' boat from Forrest Gump. Glad to have you back.:D

Sarah! Congrats on school. I know you've been working your butt off to get it done. So glad to have you back. Everybody has been so cranky with you gone. ;)

Congratulations on getting your degree. You've got a beautiful boat and I hope you enjoy sunset cruises for many years to come! :)

Sarah ,
Welcome back and you probably do not know but all political references are allowed no matter what forum !:LOL:Nice boat !

While you were gone we discovered that the safe withdrawal rate is 4%

All my boats have paddles. Hope to kayak in Charleston sometime, home of Folbot kayaks.

DINKS, 39 and 47, plan for his ER at 50, mine few yrs later...or not, since we bought this danged boat!
Congratulations... or bummer!

Or is that a liveaboard?

Congratulations on earning the degree!

I was in my 40's and DW was, um, north of 50 when she earned hers so we know the effort it takes.

Nice boat!

So appreciate the sentiments! And it would appear that the forum has been well-populated in my absence but I will have to see about that song/language business. Politics, politics, blech.
I'm just glad I wasn't here to hear any smack talk about my home state's charming crowd of politicos.
The first place I went was to the joke thread. Y'all tell me if I missed anything else!
And 4%? Good to know! :) I work with a man who has nine foot spreadsheets for solving those kinds of problems.

Welcome back! Great boat! I am partial to sailboats, but if I had a powerboat it would most likely be a trawler style...

What bbbamI said, nothing has changed, it's later the same day, Act II of a three act play, same set as Act I, we're all still in our jammies or less.

Great to see you back, Sarah, I'll check out your boat when I open the big computer, iPod can't see it. Take a look at the long long iPad thread. Missed you and your humor. :greetings10:

Sarah, Welcome back! I was worried you had been banished for meeting FD IRL...:LOL:

Congrats on finishing your degree.. a great accomplishment. :clap:

... and the boat looks good, too!

All the best,

WS

Geez, Milton, she took off in a mighty big boat (and steel to boot). That is a lot for a solo to handle. That's why we started with a Hobie Cat, then a 21 foot trailer sailor, then the 28 footer we took to the Bahamas for a summer. Only then did we consider the trawler, and ours is a 34' compared to her 40'. She succumbed to the BBB (bigger better boat). It happens. We probably won't take off in ours for a while, but I do think a Bahamas trip and maybe the Great Loop could be in our future.

FD?--he's a harmless fuzzball. Just like all of you guys.... ;)

What? You've still got your jammies on? --I heard there was skinny dipping while I was gone!

Congrats on the degree. Your time and effort resulted in an accomplishment that you will treasure forever - and your vessel is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom