Coming out of the shadows

Marti

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi everyone. I retired in 2012 at age 55, and found this forum a couple years later and have been lurking ever since. Wish I had found the forum before I retired, as the collective knowledge of this group would have been helpful since I felt pretty much alone retiring so much earlier than the majority of my friends and coworkers. However, it appeared could afford it and my job in the tech industry was driving me crazy with 60 - 80 hours a week and very unpleasant work the last 5 years or so. It also turned out to be a blessing as my husband unexpected passed a year later and we had that year together which was really a blessing. I've since sold my house in NY and moved to NC to be with my dad (he's 95!).

Thanks for all the things I've learned while lurking here.

Welcome Marti - We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome. Glad you had that year together. Reinforces the time> money mantra to me.

Hi everyone. I retired in 2012 at age 55, and found this forum a couple years later and have been lurking ever since. Wish I had found the forum before I retired, as the collective knowledge of this group would have been helpful since I felt pretty much alone retiring so much earlier than the majority of my friends and coworkers. However, it appeared could afford it and my job in the tech industry was driving me crazy with 60 - 80 hours a week and very unpleasant work the last 5 years or so. It also turned out to be a blessing as my husband unexpected passed a year later and we had that year together which was really a blessing. I've since sold my house in NY and moved to NC to be with my dad (he's 95!).

Thanks for all the things I've learned while lurking here.

Hi Marti, welcome. I live in Chapel Hill NC. Where in NC do you live? You and and I are lucky--I have a mom who is 90. There are nice folks on this Forum and you can learn a lot here and make friends.

Oh I see you live in Pinehust--not too far away and one of my favorite golf areas. Do you play?

Hi Marti, welcome. I live in Chapel Hill NC. Where in NC do you live? You and and I are lucky--I have a mom who is 90. There are nice folks on this Forum and you can learn a lot here and make friends.

Oh I see you live in Pinehust--not too far away and one of my favorite golf areas. Do you play?

Thanks, neighbor !! Glad to be here, and yes, very lucky to have our parents. It seems almost sacrilegious to live in Pinehurst and not play golf, but I don't. :LOL:

Welcome Marti.
Looking forward to your posts and hope you are in a happy state.

Hi Marti. I'm glad you have uncloaked and I look forward to reading you your posts. After 9 years of retirement, I'm sure you have some things to teach us.

Back
Top Bottom