Counting down to 2017

PokerGrumpy

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi everybody!

Two years ago my wife and I purchased (stole?) a small double-wide on a nice lake in a 55+ community in beautiful Vero Beach, FL. Before that we never even thought about what retirement would be like. Shortly after that she decided that she is retiring June 28, 2017 and, if I am still in Massachusetts on June 29, 2017, I'll be alone. :LOL: That's where the 2017 comes from and that's the year we will both be 66.

We have spent some practice retirement time in FL and have recently started getting into the details of what life will be like when we are there for good. She will be retired and I will be semi. I'm a self-employed computer consultant, like what I do, am well paid, and can do my job from pretty much anywhere in the world. I plan to continue this as long as there is work for me to do.

She is a Disney fanatic and is planning to take advantage of every Disney benefit that Disney gives to Florida residents. Hopefully they don't all require my participation.

I am a cruise fanatic and we will be within three hours drive of at least five major cruise ports. My goal is to always have bags packed so that when the deal that cannot be refused comes in at 8 AM we can be on board by 2 PM.

In the beginning, we will all be "takers" from this forum. We have read the books about all aspects of retirement but there is no substitute for the real life experience of other people. I'll make contributions whenever I can add value to a discussion.

I look forward to meeting all of you online.

Welcome!

I am a cruise fanatic and we will be within three hours drive of at least five major cruise ports. My goal is to always have bags packed so that when the deal that cannot be refused comes in at 8 AM we can be on board by 2 PM.

I love many forms of travel - including cruises! - and would love to be retired with bags packed, just 3 hours from 5 terminals and always ready to take advantage of that ultra last minute deal. :) welcome...and enjoy a cruise for me!

Back
Top Bottom