FIRE-ing in less than 2 weeks

FrankiesGirl

Recycles dryer sheets
I've been reading ER.org for quite a while, and thought it might be time to register. I'm Frankies Girl (same as over on the MMM forum) and very excited/terrified that I'm FI, and pulling the trigger to RE in less than two weeks. (which is very surreal to me right now!)

My father passed away just over 2 years ago, leaving me a sizable inheritance, and that, coupled with the amount of money my husband and I had already accumulated, made us instantly FI. I spent the last two years researching, learning about investing and drawdown strategies, and getting various ducks in rows to quit our jobs forever. I'd already planned on RE in our 50s, but we've managed to cut a full decade off of that timeline.

It is just me and my husband (no kids) and we're both in our early 40s. I'll be quitting first (notice to be given this month), and husband is quitting as of the end of this year (if not earlier) so by 2016 we'll both be free!

I look forward to participating in this forum as there seem to be quite a few interesting and savvy people in these parts. :)

Congratulations, Frankie! I hope to be in your shoes in a few years. It sounds like you have all the important bases covered (money, relationship, plans). Well done and welcome to the forum.

So sorry about your father passing away.

Really nice that you and your DH will be able to move into retirement together at the end of the year. Welcome to the boards and keep us posted about your journey into the fun phase!

Hey FrankiesGirl! I recognized your screen name from the MMM forums (I'm RootOfGood over there). Welcome!

Welcome.
Love the avatar of Magenta. Back in my misspent youth I was one of the folks who went to midnight showings of RHPS a LOT. Ended up dating the theater projectionist for a while (which let me get in to the theater free.) My husband actually saw the original live show in London when he was doing a semester abroad in college.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome.
Love the avatar of Magenta. Back in my misspent youth I was one of the folks who went to midnight showings of RHPS a LOT. Ended up dating the theater projectionist for a while (which let me get in to the theater free.) My husband actually saw the original live show in London when he was doing a semester abroad in college.

That's actually Elsa Lanchester as the Bride of Frankenstein - LOVE her!
But she's who they based Magenta's look on, so you're not far off - and I love RHPC too. And that is sooo cool you got to see it all the time at the midnight showings! :cool:

Aha - now that I look closer, I see my mistake. Still a very cool avatar.

Back
Top Bottom