Going to mug an 84 year old women

lemming

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have been running firecalc on my numbers and the numbers all work out for a 25 year run then I run into a 5% -10% failure rate. Or a 90% success rate if I'm feeling more like the glass is half-full-which I never do.

Portfolio balance now about $680,000.

One of the financial books I read last year was the Lucas "Buckets of Money"
Great title -really lousy book but I got one tidbit of information I want to keep; It's okay to spend principal when you have a separate portfolio for growth. So I have designated a bucket#1 for 3 years of expenses along with the dividend income during those years from a Utilities stock (yearly dividends =$8000. Then I start to burn through that stock for a 5 year term. Figured on a 4% increase in spending per year.

When I get to 67 ,the plan is that 3rd bucket will have grown, social security will cover 30% of my expenses and the time line will then take me to age 93.

I have considered medical. Policies look affordable-but are they available:confused: Will rant about that later.

Lemming,
- Welcome to the board.
- You may want to pay a visit to the FAQ Forum if you haven't been there yet. Theres a FAQ on Lucia's Buckets. There are some bucket believers here.

Back
Top Bottom