Greetings from Holland Zuiderdam

MrsHaloFIRE

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi there. I'm a longtime lurker via my husband's account HaloFIRE. We are underway in the Zuiderdam and I've enjoyed lurking so much I decided to join. We ER'd fall of '17 and have been gypsies since then. We have a beat up SUV and a couple of pcs of luggage. We are on the final weeks of a Europe trip that began in April. Favorite destinations since ER have been Big Bend National Park in our home state of Texas, and the crow's nest of several Holland America ships.

3 years ago I knew our retirement planned budget by heart. Ever since the first few months of retirement when we discovered we were fine, I'm sketchier on the fine details. HaloFIRE is encyclopedic on these finer points so I let him have them. He's retired military and I worked for the govt in various capacities. I was trained to be a Trust and Estates Officer for private banks but never worked in that field as we essentially moved every time we needed to clean under the china cabinet.

Nice to meet everyone

Welcome to our wonderful forum. It sounds like you are starting your ER living in a great way.
Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome and enjoy the ER! I too retired from the military in the Fall of 2017. Stayed ER'd for about 6 months, but then decided we needed to build a new house, so back to work for me.

Welcome MrsHaloFIRE!

Wanted to give you a shout out - we will be going on our first cruise this summer and its on the Holland Volendam to Alaska. My parents (who have also never cruised before) are going to be in a Neptune suite "upstairs", and we have a "four person" oceanview on the lowly bottom floor. Needless to say, I am hoping to take advantage of the NS balcony!

The "year floating around Europe" sounds awesome - if this maiden voyage works out, that is definitely something to plan for!

Have fun on the Zuiderdam! Holland America is our go to cruise line. Classic cruising with excellent food, the friendliest staff and the best fellow passengers.

One of our RE goals is to reach level 5 Mariner Status (Holland's frequent cruise program)!

Smooth sails ahead!

Back
Top Bottom