Hello

Finishedtherace

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello new guy here and wanted to say hi. I retired June 30 2016 at the age of 58. It's a wonderful feeling to wake up and not have to do that traffic routine. That really sucked for 40 years.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions here.

Welcome to the forum. I am 3.5 years into FIRE. That feeling you mentioned does not go away. (At least not yet!) :dance:

Congratulations!
I see you are from Mt Airy. My kids just moved there from Florida. They got 6" of snow yesterday and are enjoying the change.

A great place to hang out at. I retired May of 2016 and I have not looked back either. I actually found this site a year before I retired and I'm glad that I did. I learned a lot form people that been there and done that so the trail was made for me which made it a lot easier when I retired.

Welcome!

One of my best vacations (in terms of relaxation) was a road trip with no firm destinations that included the Blue Ridge Parkway. We turned off and ended up in Mt Airy. It was in the fall and they had a festival going on. We spent a few hours there and enjoyed it very much. Ate some good food and learned about Andy Griffith :).

CBO

Had your kids waited a bit they could have purchased my house. Me and the Mrs are heading to Florida gulf coast in 2018.

Welcome!

One of my best vacations (in terms of relaxation) was a road trip with no firm destinations that included the Blue Ridge Parkway. We turned off and ended up in Mt Airy. It was in the fall and they had a festival going on. We spent a few hours there and enjoyed it very much. Ate some good food and learned about Andy Griffith :).
Blue ridge parkway and also Natchez Trace parkway are on our short lists of slow travel adventures, possibly before full retirement, maybe immediatly upon retirement. We are both suffering from OMY syndrome 😀

Welcome! Just curious, what drives the move to Florida? Family? Cost of living? Warm Weather?

It’s all about the weather. Just can’t tolerate the cold anymore.

Also looking forward to golf year round.

Yup, year round sports is a wonderful benefit. Just make sure you have a plan for what to do in the event of a hurricane. We in Houston area got hit this year. Not fun but I have no desire to move yet. Love the heat and water too much.

Familiar with the hurricane events. Have a brother in West Palm and parents lived in Houston. As for me, I’ll be getting in my car for a couple hours when they come.

It’s just not worth the risk.

Welcome aboard! Hate to see you leave (we are in the Lake Norman area), but glad that you're here and FIRE'd.

Welcome to the forum and are getting away from a bad neighborhood. My ex lives there.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom