Hello - semiretired, happy, human

Human

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All,

I found this site recently, been reading posts, and thought I should sign up and introduce myself!

The basics:
  • I'm 50 and my wife is 48
  • I've been semiretired for about 12 years (do a bit of consulting work)
  • My wife is semiretired as well (actually she has always worked part-time)
  • We both own one-person corporations (yay for 401k + profit sharing), and still enjoy working - just not too much
  • We pull a small amount from savings yearly to cover expenses, but most years are still net savers (to 401k, profit sharing, IRAs, HSA)
  • Early savers, historically lived below means, Boglehead-ish, index funds, etc.
  • Fall into the "not in a rush to payoff the mortgage" camp - might was well get that one out of the way :)
  • Likely will wait until 70 for Social Security (longevity insurance)
  • Latest somewhat unhealthy retirement-related obsession is retirement calculators (12 ways to the same result: 95%+ success rate and still the same slight worry over the future, haha)

Life is good. As for the future, the three main things we'd like to add:
  • A little more international travel (started that last year)
  • Solidify finances over the next few years to have somewhat more of a "cushion" for when we decide/need to stop working altogether
  • Optional: buy a nicer home...without stairs (not bigger, just nicer). This is a big nut where we live

That's about all. I hope to learn from you all and to hopefully to make a few contributions of my own!

R

Welcome to the free on-line PHD course for all things retirement!

A 2018 alumni member, now in the continuing education program. :greetings10:

Welcome. You are the first Human we've had here. :LOL:

Attachments

• certificate.jpg
    certificate.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom