Hey Ya'll

Texas2step

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have lurked for a while and now decided to join. I have been planning for ER for some time now. I have been at the same company for 20 years. In 4 years I will be eligible for retirement. I will be 50 then. I am not sure if I will retire then or wait till 55. Either way I have learned a great deal from reading these forums. I look forward to making new friends here.

Greetings and welcome 2!

I am another newbie here and fellow Texan. I worked for the same company for 24 yrs and retired at age 60. It never even occurred to me to retire before age 66, and it was due to family illness that I considered it. I figured out that I could handle it financially so here I am officially retired as of 8/3/07. Wish I had thought of it at 50 or 55.

If you have been luking for a while then you know there is a lot of expertise here and good folks willing to offer their advice and opinions. Welcome to the forum!

TG

Welcome!

I decided to join about a week ago after lurking for around 3 months. I've seen some great advice here and have, hopefully, given some good advice of my own.

I feel fortunate that, at 28, I've found such a great resource to help me on my journey to ER.

Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you have come out of the darkness and have posted to be seen and heard. Great to have you on the board.

Retirement at any age can be a very welcome change of pace and opens a lot of doors in your life you cannot open while working. Early Retirement (ER) is relative to when YOU throught you were going to retire. It can be at any age; but most folks here would say that it is usually early if you do so before age 65. It really makes no difference it is the concept of retiring before you thought you had to.

Good luck and we look forward to your posts.

Welcome Texas2step. Hope you have a great experience here.

To be honest, I am using this post as a test to see how long it now takes me to log on to this forum and post something. Wellllll, I washed and dried my golf clothes tonight as I went through the motions to get to point of posting this message. Much worse than when I originally reported the problem. I hope Andy has a solution to the problem because AOL customers will not put up with this.

Again, welcome Texas2Step. I hope you are not an AOL customer otherwise you are SOL here! :(

Thanks so much for the warm howd doos. I look forward to making friends and having folks I can ask questions about day in and day out retirement things.

Back
Top Bottom