Hi - 52 and have had Enough! Do I have enough?

I ER'd from an engineering j*b 3 years ago. I had absolutely no problems leaving work and enjoying ER. However, I did get into a little light teaching and it has kept me in touch with science and engineering in a fun and non-stressful way.

Am I imagining it, or has the number of physicians on the forum increased rapidly of late? Seems like there are almost as many of us now as the engineers. And if so, that's a good thing!

Perhaps it's the beginning of the wave of MDs who aren't going to work until they drop. Hard to know. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

35 days ago I retired from a high-stress/high pay job. The most difficult part was struggling with the guilt of leaving my employees and unfinished projects behind. But guess what? A younger manager was moved up and has happily taken on the challenge. Meanwhile, I am free of night, weekend and vacation phone calls and have already enrolled in some interesting classes. I spend priceless time with my elderly mother. I am busy doing fun or useful things all day. Life is short. As someone on this forum once said, "you only have so many good summers left". It sounds like you have earned those summers.

Back
Top Bottom