Hi from FIREINDUS

FIREINDUS

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi Everyone,

This forum has been a stress-reliever for me in the nights after work.
Pretty familiar with some of the member IDs and their many posts.
Major motivation is Financial Independence.
Retirement would be great around 45.
Basically from India, have been here for many years and call US home.
Two kids.
Would love to be an entrepreneur, with sufficient support from passive income.
Frugal with some occasional good spending (kids/travel).

Enjoy your company and glad to find solace in such a forum!

Thank you.

Hi FIREINDUS! I used to live in the SF Bay Area. Where are you? Northern CA covers a lot of territory.

Hi and welcome! Live in Northern VA but wish it was Northern CA given the awful, hot weather we're having. Look forward to hearing more from you. :flowers:

Hi and welcome! Live in Northern VA but wish it was Northern CA given the awful, hot weather we're having. Look forward to hearing more from you. :flowers:

Hi and Thanks Purron! Weather is a good advantage here in CA but considering real estate places, it makes me wonder whether it is a place to RE.
Would be nice to move to a low cost place once we FIRE but the big question is when and where?
Sometimes we think of retiring to India, but me, being a privacy freak, that is one of my biggest inhibition at this time.
You know, in India, relatives, friends and even acquaintances could drop in at any time. There is a wedding invitation to give, we just came nearby to visit the hospital, came to this town for shopping, any such thing can be a good excuse to just barge into our home and consume the day.
With certain friends and family, it is a welcome time, but most others its a disturbance.
Have come to love this country a lot, but at times, do miss close family and friends back there.
And kids are growing up with great attachments here.
Lets see where life takes us :)

Would be nice to move to a low cost place once we FIRE but the big question is when and where?

Yup, many around here struggle with that. If you stick around, you may get lots of ideas. Darling Husband (DH) and I are staying here for many reasons - elderly mother, friends, activies, etc. Maybe one day we'll move, but I don't see it in our immediate future. But hey, who knows? Always good to keep an open mind.

Looks like we have similar goals, and concerns. :) Real Estate does seem to be a major hurdle here in the bay area (assuming that's the part of norther California you are in too).

Hi Retch the Grate! Birds of the same feather flock together!
(Doing my "almost" daily rounds of the Early Retirement forum here).

Back
Top Bottom