Hi, I’m Patient Bear!

Yogi Bear

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, I’m Patient Bear :greetings10:

I have been lurking here for a while. I like the place very much, hence I feel it is time I introduce myself. The name Patient Bear has nothing to do with the markets or my investing strategies; I saw the picture used for my avatar, liked it, and decided to make it my user name.

Anyway. Married, 55, looking to fire in 2-3 years. Class of 2016, or perhaps early 2017. Finances look pretty good already, but I want to make sure I fire once and only once! Plus, I have a son in college and he has two more years to go. Therefore I figure his graduation will be a good milestone. Kind of saying “My w*rk here is done; now I’m going fishing…. ”:)

Like most or you, I’m soooo tired of the w*rk routine, the conflicting goals, the ever changing initiatives and buzzwords. I used to like my work, but after all these years I am ready for a different lifestyle.

Firecalc says I’ll be fine, even with the Constant Spending Power button checked. Still trying to figure out a couple things about SS (I lived in Canada for part of my w*rk life) and about health insurance between 57 and 65, so if you have some good links on these topics feel free to share.

Nice to meet y’all !

^ with me that makes three! I just heard about the 4th snobbiest city from my wife a few days ago.

Giving 2 more years until your son graduates seems a reasonable thing to do. You don't specify if your current expenses are fully covered by your assets, but it seems you are at least quite close.

Only suggestion I have is while you have a job to retire from, make sure you have something to retire to. even though current working may suck, it does give you social interaction and forces you to be out of the house and somewhat schedules your life. Going fishing is great, but will you do that every day?

Welcome to the forum! Couple of good things I can say about the OP -

1) Patient Bear user name has nothing to do with his view of the stock market philosophy.

2) Not one of those "long time lurker, can I retire with mega-millions I have?"

- Impatient Bull

The name Patient Bear has nothing to do with the markets or my investing strategies; I saw the picture used for my avatar, liked it, and decided to make it my user name.
Despite your clarification, I think upon seeing your screen name, people will keep thinking you are a guy who got out of the market, has been sitting in cash, and still waiting for another crash to get back into the market.

May have to add something into your "About Me" page. :)

Hi, I’m Patient Bear :greetings10:

I have been lurking here for a while. I like the place very much, hence I feel it is time I introduce myself. The name Patient Bear has nothing to do with the markets or my investing strategies; I saw the picture used for my avatar, liked it, and decided to make it my user name.

Anyway. Married, 55, looking to fire in 2-3 years. Class of 2016, or perhaps early 2017. Finances look pretty good already, but I want to make sure I fire once and only once! Plus, I have a son in college and he has two more years to go. Therefore I figure his graduation will be a good milestone. Kind of saying “My w*rk here is done; now I’m going fishing…. ”:)

Like most or you, I’m soooo tired of the w*rk routine, the conflicting goals, the ever changing initiatives and buzzwords. I used to like my work, but after all these years I am ready for a different lifestyle.

Firecalc says I’ll be fine, even with the Constant Spending Power button checked. Still trying to figure out a couple things about SS (I lived in Canada for part of my w*rk life) and about health insurance between 57 and 65, so if you have some good links on these topics feel free to share.

Nice to meet y’all !

With the generous assistance of W2R, my name is now Yogi Bear :dance:

Hi there, Yogi Bear!

I hope that you are still a patient investor (but not a bearish one). ;)

Welcome, Yogi. No raiding the freezer, now!

Back
Top Bottom