“FIRE Movement” is evolving

I doubt that anyone would pay enough to get me to w*rk again.

I guess it depends on the definition of "w*rk." I "do stuff" for "free" that I'd never do for pay. (Of late, I've done very little.) In the past, I've helped friends/family move, paint, clean out houses, etc. all of which I personally HATE doingl

"Doing" the university experiment was fun so I guess I don't define it as "w*rk."

I guess it's all complicated. One thing for certain. If I ever DO go back to "w*rk," I'll be gone the second I no longer like doing it. That's what happened at Megacorp (once I was Financially Independent) I left the day (okay, week or month depending on how you define leaving) the second I no longer enjoyed what I was doing. YMMV

I guess it's all complicated. One thing for certain. If I ever DO go back to "w*rk," I'll be gone the second I no longer like doing it. That's what happened at Megacorp (once I was Financially Independent) I left the day (okay, week or month depending on how you define leaving) the second I no longer enjoyed what I was doing. YMMV

I completely, 100% agree. About 8 years ago I felt trapped where I was. I wanted to quit and couldn't for many reasons. Instead, I made a 5-year plan to become financially independent. I started my own business and created a second rental on our property by burning the candle at both ends. It took an extra year to complete the plan, but I quit the moment I was able. Now I'm back, but it's part-time, remote, and on my own terms.

Back
Top Bottom