Hi there...looking for info on WHERE to retire...

shiody

Confused about dryer sheets
Mid-forties married couple, currently live in upstate NY, on a secluded farm adjacent to a state forest. We have horses and donkeys, and its great to just cross the fence and meander through miles of state trails. It's very beautiful, but the winters are too long and cold. We're looking to relocate to a climate that will allow us to spend more time out in nature. Since we have had to take care of the animals, we haven't travelled much, so though we could get some ideas from people here.I think we're spoiled because we are so used to the privacy of not even seeing another home around ours. We love that an the rolling hills of the area. Thought about Blue Ridge Mts, New Mexico, Oregon, Kentucky/Tennesee. California seems to have the best climate, but way too expensive for a home with acreage. Florida may be too hot for us! Thanks for any help!
Shiody

Hi Shiody, welcome to the board. Definitely check out Ky and TN. Very low cost of living, good weather 9-10 months of the year, mild winters, and still 2-3 hours from a major airport/ metropolitan center pretty much wherever you land.

One place to start is to take the quiz at www.findyourspot.com -- It will provide a list of 25 cities/communities that match your criteria.

good luck -- and welcome to the board!

There still is affordable property in N. CA and southern OR. You have to get off the beaten path and look :)

Donzo said:
There still is affordable property in N. CA and southern OR. You have to get off the beaten path and look :)

My thoughts as well, particularly since you are attracted to relatively remote areas.

Achiever51 said:
One place to start is to take the quiz at www.findyourspot.com -- It will provide a list of 25 cities/communities that match your criteria.

Wow, I've only lived in 2 cities and this tool recommended them both!

gindie said:
Wow, I've only lived in 2 cities and this tool recommended them both!

Recommended Texas and Georgia for me. Pretty neat tool.

Ah yes. FindYourSpot.com... the website I can blame for my upcoming relocation.

Before that, my wife was content where we lived.... :eek:

Achiever51 said:

good luck -- and welcome to the board!

Back
Top Bottom