I got out Early!

rickmc17

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello All!
I'm very fortunate to have had the chance to accept an early out package & retire @ 62 after 36 years in the Aerospace industry. My wife has got 18 months before she joins me.
I'm very excited to have found this forum. Although we have a financial planner on an as needed basis, I really like the topics I've seem browsing the forum.

Very pleased to meet you all!

Welcome aboard! :greetings10:

I am a newly minted retiree as well- exited w0rk on 6-30-17 at 60. Loving every minute of it!

This forum is indeed a great place to learn and share. See you around!

I'm very fortunate to have had the chance to accept an early out package & retire @ 62 after 36 years in the Aerospace industry. My wife has got 18 months before she joins me.
I'm very excited to have found this forum. Although we have a financial planner on an as needed basis, I really like the topics I've seem browsing the forum.

Welcome, and congratulations on your good fortune!

I also have a financial planner that I trust. But I'm always looking for other opinions and to learn more.

Some interesting viewpoints here. I don't agree with all of them, but it usually makes for fun reading.

Cheers! (and I'm jealous of your early out package!)

Welcome. What will you do all day?

Hello and welcome, Rick! Congrats on the "package" and on obtaining your freedom. I am right behind you on my way out the door...and looking forward to the next phase of life.

Congrats on your package. Timing is everything! Enjoy the next phase of your life.

Green-eyed monster

Welcome to the forum. :greetings10:

I can't say "Welcome to ER," because I'm not yet there myself. Still plodding along, trying to w*rk off some legacy debt from childraising. So I'm wildly envious of you lucky dogs on the sunny side.

But just because my own Special Day is still a ways off doesn't mean I begrudge anyone else their own good fortune. All Hail rickmc17! May you live long and prosper.

And may you continue to post with anecdotes of how fabulous freedom is. Feeding my envy adds incentive for me to get my own keister out the door asap.

Welcome to the forum. Nice that you got an early out package. My sister just took one of those also.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was a bit skeptical to make the jump, but I'm so glad I did!! It took about 3 months to "unwind" from being on the road 40 weeks a year for the past 7 years. It's fun working on things on my pace on my time!

Welcome and congratulations. When examining various financial and retirement issues as they related to my specfic circumstances, I found this forum and bogleheads.org to be two of the most useful sites for research and questions. I'm 5 years into retirement and it has been great.

Back
Top Bottom