I Have Suffered For My Art; Now It's Your Turn.

Lawrence of Suburbia

Recycles dryer sheets
Testing, testing, one two...

HEY, IS THIS THING ON? PFFFFFFttttttttttt...

Oh sorry, I'll turn the volume down.

(Confused about dryer sheets? Not at all; I have no idea what you're on about whatsoever.)

Hi I'm Bruce, and really should be on the Late Retirement Forum (I do have millions saved for retirement; in 2008-issue Zimbabwe dollars, unfortunately.)

I work for a non-profit in WA. Trying to buck that description in my own accounts.

I was fortunate to have a dad who was an engineer, my family got to live in all sorts of cool places like Lahore and Bangkok. I have lots of stories from that time, which means I can embellish upon my childhood memories for your entertainment.

Used to be a full-time rock musician, hence the annoying beginning to my first thread here.

I'm a would-be World War I re-enactor, but no-one seems interested in getting involved. Something about my desire to use live artillery shells, gas masks, and have real rats in the trenches. Lightweights.

I've been looking for a Forum such as this; a "one-stop" sort of place where I can explore asset allocations and other $ stuff to help me get there. Or here, I'm not picky.

OK, enough about me: I gotta know up-front if I ask a dumb question or one that's been covered before ad infinitum, will I be pounced upon by long-time members? If so, I shall "lurk" here and keep my mouth shut for the time being. FAQ is my area of choice for the time being. If, on the other hand, you find my manner charming (as most do) and my enquiries fascinating, I shall commence forthwith a (friendly) Spanish Inquisition of monetary questions.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

Well now...hmmm...your post is certainly different.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I see your interests include "..., coffee. More coffee." In that case, welcome. :greetings10:

You may feel right at home here since there are a lot of engineers who post frequently.

btw, it's my favorite movie.

Last edited:
Bruce (AKA Lawrence),Love your nom de plum or screen name or whatever we call it.

Regarding being piled upon for any faux pax, whether for asking a previously answered question or simply having an opinion that others disagree with - COUNT ON IT!:LOL: You'll get used it - or go elsewhere.

Welcome to the forum. Let the games begin!;)

Testing, testing, one two...

HEY, IS THIS THING ON? PFFFFFFttttttttttt...

Oh sorry, I'll turn the volume down.

(Confused about dryer sheets? Not at all; I have no idea what you're on about whatsoever.)

Hi I'm Bruce, and really should be on the Late Retirement Forum (I do have millions saved for retirement; in 2008-issue Zimbabwe dollars, unfortunately.)

I work for a non-profit in WA. Trying to buck that description in my own accounts.

I was fortunate to have a dad who was an engineer, my family got to live in all sorts of cool places like Lahore and Bangkok. I have lots of stories from that time, which means I can embellish upon my childhood memories for your entertainment.

Used to be a full-time rock musician, hence the annoying beginning to my first thread here.

I'm a would-be World War I re-enactor, but no-one seems interested in getting involved. Something about my desire to use live artillery shells, gas masks, and have real rats in the trenches. Lightweights.

I've been looking for a Forum such as this; a "one-stop" sort of place where I can explore asset allocations and other $ stuff to help me get there. Or here, I'm not picky.

OK, enough about me: I gotta know up-front if I ask a dumb question or one that's been covered before ad infinitum, will I be pounced upon by long-time members? If so, I shall "lurk" here and keep my mouth shut for the time being. FAQ is my area of choice for the time being. If, on the other hand, you find my manner charming (as most do) and my enquiries fascinating, I shall commence forthwith a (friendly) Spanish Inquisition of monetary questions.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

Well, there's ALWAYS the "pesky SEARCH function" to help ya out........which rock band? Welcome to the Jungle!! (I mean forum, sorry for the Guns N Roses reference) ;)

[...]...which rock band? [...]

Probably none you've heard of (which is one reason why I'm here!) unless maybe you lived in Seattle in the 70's, 80's and 90's, and wasted your Boomer youth in clubs.

Like I did. :blush:

Anybody got a spare quarter-mil to replenish what I lost in mutual funds over the last coupla years? :(

Probably none you've heard of (which is one reason why I'm here!) unless maybe you lived in Seattle in the 70's, 80's and 90's, and wasted your Boomer youth in clubs.

Like I did. :blush:
Anybody got a spare quarter-mil to replenish what I lost in mutual funds over the last coupla years.....

Umm.. present and accounted for:whistle:

From one underpaid NW musician to another - welcome to the board.

Can't help you with the lost dough... (see occupation)

<eyes POP open :blink:> Hey, who's making all that noise? I WAS asleep...:mad:

Just kidding. Welcome to the board from one creative character to another. We're gonna have fun. :LOL:
Wait for the pitch...and take yer time with the swing.;)

Wow.

Having read a few threads, I must say I'm rather impressed, and humbled. You all know a lot about finance, investing and such; and are rather successful in your savings to boot. I am a rank beginner in both areas, so hope to learn something. And then something more.

The only reason I'm posting in these threads is so as to finally get an avatar subtitle that doesn't mention dryer sheets, whatever they are.

Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington.

Wow.

Having read a few threads, I must say I'm rather impressed, and humbled. You all know a lot about finance, investing and such; and are rather successful in your savings to boot. I am a rank beginner in both areas, so hope to learn something. And then something more....
I personally can't hold a candle to a lot of these folks and never will.
It is important to ask the question, no matter how basic it is. I've put a few doozies out there myself. :cool:
As long as it is within topic in the thread, go for it. Or just start your own thread with a question.
This is, by far, the best classroom I've ever "sat" in. :D

, on the other hand, you find my manner charming (as most do) and my enquiries fascinating

You may be interested in a Narcissism Test now appearing in another recent thread ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom