I retired Today after 33 Years YAAAAYY!!!!

Lcountz

Recycles dryer sheets
Still in state of shock!!!!!

.....Had a really, REALLY nice send off breakfast party, turned in my keys and my Company vehicle....sitting here wondering IS THIS REAL:confused:?

Thanks to all on this site!!!..Been lurking for about 6 months and not posted too much but I am SO :confused::confused::confused:?

I am almost 57 in January.....34 years at Megacorp Gas Company...the phone will NOT be ringing any more for a Gas Emergency.....thank god!!!!!

What a trip!!!!still in a state of "is this really real?"

NErvous!!!! Anxious!!!

HAPPY!!!!! a little blue.....

Is this normal?

With your success in retiring, there is still a loss ... a loss of the w*rkplace and the gang you w*rked with, had lunch with, joked with for a very long time, as well as 'the routine.' This is mourning that loss during this transition time, and that will eventually fade away. All extremely normal. Congratulations !!

It is a shock to quit. Took me a while to get over it. About as long as it took to walk to my car@!:dance:

Congratulations. I hope you have some fun things planned to do with your free time.

Rich444 thanks that is exactly what it is I think....

Thanks to all ...Pacing the house ( I live alone)...friends have called..I am SO anxious..but happy!!!

Congrat! Been there-done that so I know the feelin' you're feedlin! Best wishes for a great retirement.

Congratulations!! Those blues should pass quickly. You will soon fall into a retirement routine and enjoy your new freedoms. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yay! Congratulations to you! Time to celebrate:dance::dance::dance:

Congrats! I remember the feeling also. I could not believe that I never had to go to work again and I was still going to get paid every month for the rest of my life. Freedom!

Congratulations. Best wishes for a smooth transition to this new phase of your life.

Welcome, you will enjoy those Sunday evenings when you suddenly realize you don't have to go to work on Monday.

Thanks to all ...Pacing the house ( I live alone)...friends have called..I am SO anxious..but happy!!!

I paced the house for a while when I first retired, too. I think that happens because you still wake up at the usual time for work (in my case, that was very early!), and then I felt like I needed to be productive doing something, even though I wasn't going to work. So, I tackled a few jobs that I had put off for years......cleaning out junk drawers, cleaning the basement, etc.......and then after a week or two, I settled into a new, more relaxed routine.
Now I wake up later, the junk drawer and basement are a mess again (and I don't care!!) :)

Congrats. Now you will learn what it is really like to relax. Wait till Monday morning when you don't have to wake to the alarm clock. Then you will know it is real. Congrats again and enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom