I'm only 26 but I think I will fit right in

Thanks for all the comments and insight on the MBA. Brewer and Wildcat, your points are well taken. I think that SS privitization is the only fair thing to do. I'm 21 and the system is broken. I was listening to the radio and they had a guest on that said the first person to ever receive SS was a woman that got her first monthly check in 1936 for $38. In the four years beforehand, she paid in a total of $46 or something. That is the definition of a Ponzi scheme. The first people make out very well so everyone else is sucked into believing it's a great thing. The system is broke and we all need to share the pain, that's the only fair thing.

Whoa Berkshire_Bull! If you represent the future of our
country, then I may have to reconsider and relocate offshore :)

JG

Thanks for all the comments and insight on the MBA.  Brewer and Wildcat, your points are well taken.  I think that SS privitization is the only fair thing to do.  I'm 21 and the system is broken.  I was listening to the radio and they had a guest on that said the first person to ever receive SS was a woman that got her first monthly check in 1936 for $38.  In the four years beforehand, she paid in a total of $46 or something.  That is the definition of a Ponzi scheme.  The first people make out very well so everyone else is sucked into believing it's a great thing.  The system is broke and we all need to share the pain, that's the only fair thing.

The system is not broken at all. The radio station that you listen to is!

The woman that got $46, was the cheapest way for the U.S. to deal with the problem that the business model and the Great Depression created.

What you don't understand is that in society you are going to have to deal with people and their problems somehow. Whether it is building prisons or hiring someone to clean up the bodies. Social Security is the cheap way out. Pay people a small pittance, and let them take care of themselves

The U.S. has already tried it the other way. It was called laissez faire. But, of course you know what they say. "Those that do not understand History are bound to repeat it."

I dont think SS is great for me per se, but it sure does eliminate the alternative.  Can you imagine all the hundreds of old people on the street begging for basic amenities simply because they didnt save anything for retirement.  Or the rise in crime because despirate people do despirate things?

SS is a failsafe to make sure every previous employeed person has at least something to make ends meet.  And it keeps us planners from having to deal with masses of people begging at every stoplight.

Hi! For anyone willing to add some great business/investing/retirement strategies that really works, go to the following URL and listen to the online free 'Financial Freedom Seminar'... http://www.FinancialFreedomSeminar.com/60640

You can get an MBA like I did, but as a matter of fact you don't need one to retire say in 2 or 3 years. By the time I got mine, I didn't know that! But that's your choice.

You can make it! Right now there is a lot of people all over the world aware of this possibility, changing their retirement formula.

There is wise advise in this website for young people that want to retire faster and get rid of the old paradigm 40 years work trap.

The reason men and women struggle for 40 years to prepare for retirement is no one showed us that we could retire in less than half that time simply by correcting a few mistakes.

Don't lose your time and energy being trapped in this old paradigm lifestyle, like I did. You don't need to.

At best, this has robbed us of 10 to 20 extra years of financial independence - at worst it has resulted in poor financial health for millions, which has caused snowballing debt, bankruptcies, business failures, divorces in record numbers and it has destroyed the retirement dreams of millions.”

If you have any questions, you can also send me an email (see website above).

Good luck,

Tulio

Brotha, I am with ya.

I started investing early just like you. By age 31 I had about $150,000 in liquid assets. Now at age 41, I have $1,100,000 in liquid assets. It's amazing what time will do for your money. (Having a reasonably good paying job helps too.)

I don't plan to retire early. Instead, my goals are; $10,000,00 by age 58, $100,000,000 by age 73. (Long story why those are my age/goal dates.)

I don't plan to retire early.  Instead, my goals are; $10,000,00 by age 58, $100,000,000 by age 73.  (Long story why those are my age/goal dates.)

Shasta Honey, your's is a viewpoint we don't hear often. Would you expand on it?

<ikey

I don't plan to retire early. Instead, my goals are; $10,000,00 by age 58, $100,000,000 by age 73. (Long story why those are my age/goal dates.)

Just fyi, money doesn't have any real value until you give it away, and i've lived 33 years so far and have yet to see a U-Haul hooked up to a hersche.

Brotha, I am with ya.

I started investing early just like you.  By age 31 I had about $150,000 in liquid assets.  Now at age 41, I have $1,100,000 in liquid assets.  It's amazing what time will do for your money.  (Having a reasonably good paying job helps too.)

I don't plan to retire early.  Instead, my goals are; $10,000,00 by age 58, $100,000,000 by age 73.  (Long story why those are my age/goal dates.)

Hey good luck with your plans! :confused:

It took me 10 more years to reach millionaire status. But at this point, free time is what I want. Sure I would like 10 million, I would like 2 million.......but the golf course is calling. Can't you hear it? :D

"Shasta McNasty"?? You sound like a head case to me.
Go check yourself in and get some help.

JG

I suppose what Shasta is trying to say is that as long as you love your job why quit? Why not try to crack certain financial barriers few people cross? Go where no man has gone before on the ER website. I have met quit a few people that are very satisfied with their job and really don't have any hobbies or other interests outside of work. I would consider delaying retirement as long as I had time to do other things but with many people on the ER site that seems to be fluff.

I suppose what Shasta is trying to say is that as long as you love your job why quit?  Why not try to crack certain financial barriers few people cross?  Go where no man has gone before on the ER website.  I have met quit a few people that are very satisfied with their job and really don't have any hobbies or other interests outside of work.  I would consider delaying retirement as long as I had time to do other things but with many people on the ER site that seems to be fluff.

Yep seems like fluff to me. ::)

I have met quit a few people that are very satisfied with their job and really don't have any hobbies or other interests outside of work.
Are they REALLY satisfied with their job, or could it be that their job has sucked all the life out of them so that's all they know.

It's a tragedy that some people are so consumed by their job, that they don't have time to explore life with all that it has to offer.

I believe most people do have hobbies and other interest besides work. They just don't know it.

Back
Top Bottom