Just Joined

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi...just joined the forum this morning although I have visited the site several times. I'm in my late 40's and in a down shifting mode preparing to leave the corporate world and start my own business. Most of my friends my age don't even think about retirement yet. Still very focused on their careers and the next new car they are going to buy. I'm glad to find a forum where we share a common ground.

Welcome.

There's alot of great info and help here, as I have found this last year. Just one word of caution. Don't let anyone here convince you that Dumpster Diving is a sanctioned sport or part of a well rounded ER plan.

Welcome to the board.
With a name like "dog" you must be a decent person---
img_380233_0_9a47866a76af47d5e32ba57a0dc9e9b8.gif

Here's to yah  :D

Our nickname for my younger sister was "Dog." Hopefully, you aren't related. We stopped using it long ago. It never applied anyway.

2B - gee, I wonder if we are related. I had 2 older sisters.

JPatrick, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning and sharing. The nickname came from my dad. He gave all his daughters (4) nicknames...not sure where mine came from, but no complaints!

Hmm your not native american are you? Reminds me of a joke.

Chris24 No, my dad just had a hard time remembering our names. I'm fine w/my nickname....it beats BZ, bubblybutt, moe and skinnymerrinks. My daughter (age 22) has even adopted it....goes by e-dog. Anyway, I even think I have adopted some of the finer traits of the nickname - loyalty, work ethic and the enjoyment of the simpler things in life. :)

Dog,

No chance of being related. I'm second oldest of 3 brothers. My poor sisters were all younger than me.

This is turning into the reunion thread, which reminds me of a joke - -but I think I'll try to be good.  ::)

Back
Top Bottom