Just retired @ 51, two nudists living in paradise

Yes, it's always about the kids, isn't it?

Except that these experts of morality and decency never come out and say what exactly is wrong or harmful about kids enjoying Nature nude with their families.

Kids are natural nudists. They have to be taught and reminded to wear bathing costumes. It's natural, fun, comfortable, and human. But the grown-ups seem to know better and think that there's something harmful -- they never say what -- about enjoying skinnydipping.

My guess is that if anyone actually bothered to ask the kids of nudist parents if they enjoy skinnydipping or the nudist experience, the response would be overwhelmingly positive.

My mother had some pictures: when I was quite young I would go outside and take off all my clothes (in warm weather of course). Didn't see the point.

My mother had some pictures: when I was quite young I would go outside and take off all my clothes (in warm weather of course). Didn't see the point.

For adults, the point of clothing must be sexual decoration. Several posters here have remarked that after a few minutes in a nudist environment, they forget all about bodies and sex.

Who could ever say that after a few minutes at a (clothed) cocktail party?

Ha

... they forget all about bodies and sex.

Who could ever say that after a few minutes at a (clothed) cocktail party?

Ha

Sooo true. Nudity is not about sex. Unfortunately, American marketing, fashion and cosmetics have trained our culture to equate skin with sex. Taking off your clothes is a great equalizer, since you can then relate to people as people, not as status symbols, sex symbols, or other artificial stereotypes. You meet the nicest people when you're nude!

Later,

Mike

Taking off your clothes is a great equalizer, since you can then relate to people as people, not as status symbols, sex symbols, or other artificial stereotypes. You meet the nicest people when you're nude!

If someone is able to discriminate because of what someone is wearing, I'm guessing they'll come up with a way to discriminate when there aren't any clothes involved... for some people, it'll always come down to how many stars are on their belly.

Yes, it's always about the kids, isn't it?

Except that these experts of morality and decency never come out and say what exactly is wrong or harmful about kids enjoying Nature nude with their families.

Kids are natural nudists. They have to be taught and reminded to wear bathing costumes. It's natural, fun, comfortable, and human. But the grown-ups seem to know better and think that there's something harmful -- they never say what -- about enjoying skinnydipping.

My guess is that if anyone actually bothered to ask the kids of nudist parents if they enjoy skinnydipping or the nudist experience, the response would be overwhelmingly positive.

I grew up taking regular dips at the local skinny-dipping hole, and look how I turned out. (Ammunition for either side, I reckon.)

Advantages: no wet clothes to bike home in afterwards. Saved on chafing.

Disadvantages: the occasional embarrassing moment when I hit puberty, but hey, good time to work on the back tan. Problem solved.

And for those folks that require photographic evidence:
Well, Google Images was way behind the "curve" on this one, so I'm glad someone finally got to the "bottom" of the situation.

[-]Gosh, cleanup must have "sucked"[/-] Eh, never mind.

I'm sure Jim McMahon is already rallying his marketing troops behind the next Super Bowl pay-per-view halftime show...

hi nudist. not a nudist here but i did once unknowingly wind up at a nudist party back in my 20s (when i looked good nude). after about 20 minutes i became very uncomfortable with all the naked people around me. so i stripped down and felt much better.

i still have an anti-fetish about mixing food with nudity though, not into it. but i think not eating in bed has more to do with crumbs.

meanwhile, just happened to catch your post the other night and then today i found this:

KTRE.com Lufkin and Nacogdoches |Florida Condo Banking On Clothing-Optional Pool

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida housing complex has hit on a new idea for selling units in a slumping market, a clothing-optional pool

If someone is able to discriminate because of what someone is wearing, I'm guessing they'll come up with a way to discriminate when there aren't any clothes involved... for some people, it'll always come down to how many stars are on their belly.

Sneeches! Everything I need to know, I learned from Dr. Suess :)

And don't forget the pale green pants with nobody inside them!

Ta,
mews

Future residents at Cypress Cove

Great to hear about your move to Kissimmee! We are in our early 50's and counting down until we make the move to give up full time employment and move to Cypress Cove! We think it offers a great retirement environment with many ammenities that residents don't have to subidize as in other settings. The day pass visitors and RV park residents pay for many of the great facilities. Dining on site is great and many programs to get involved in sports or other hobbies are possible. Close to so many things in Orlando but certainly it's own special utopian lifestyle! Again, we visit several times per year and are saving our $$$'s to make the big move in coming years! Keep us updated how the move from Texas has gone and how you like Florida and the Cove!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow

I've never really thought about anything like this. What's it like? Can I visit? Should I lose weight first?

Reply to wow

I've never really thought about anything like this. What's it like? Can I visit? Should I lose weight first?

Go back and read Mike's post on 6/12....it is good summary of social nudism and Cypress Cove. You can learn a lot at the AANR and Cypress Cove websites. Acceptance of all shapes and sizes of people is at the core of social nudism. Who you are is not categorized by how you look or what job you do.....unlike much of today's society. If you select to give this a try we suggest a visit to Cypress Cove in Kissimmee or another AANR member resort that introduces new and curious members each day. A great group of people that are down to earth and honest is what we have found....refreshing in today's society.

Nudist

I told my wife I'd like to become A nudist.
She said" I just can't see it! "

Cheers!

You'll never know until you give it a try. Many times the spouse that is a bit reluctant at first becomes the one with the most interest after the first experience. When getting to a resort now my wife has her clothes off while I'm still organizing my duffel bag in the car trunk. What a great situation to have a marriage and many nudist friends that appreciate each other as people first and not as either objects of sexual curiousity or who has the most money. Anyway...you don't know if you'll like something like this without a try at it...what a safe and pleasant environmnet to either vacation or live in from our perspective.

BTW...I went to the nudist colony with my Reiki teacher and it was absolutely amazing!!! I got a really nice tan and cannot wait to go back next summer as a member.

Resort vs. Colony

Sorry, but we prefer the nomenclature of Resort vs. Colony. Normal people living in an nice environment not rebelling or living communally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 53 and my wife 55, and both just semi-retired in June of 09. I am a closet nudist, but alas, live in Minnesota.

We have had a great summer for nudism here, at least August. Very warm and no mosquitoes.

I have a mini-nudie resort in my private backyard garden, with chairs (towels on seat), portable radio, portable fridge, weight-lifting bench and free weights, picnic table, container garden, garden spray for cool-down and charcoal grill. Next year, I hope to have one of those fancy-schmancy resistance pool/spas for exercise and skinny-dipping. I get to have my own private staycation-nakation anytime I feel like it.

But my wife thinks I am insane. Still, she is not a prude - I think it's just the idea that someone could look out of our sunroom windows and see the show. Of course, she would have to invite them in unaware of my activities.

One great side-effect of all of this (despite my rising levels of Vitamin D and lowered blood pressure) is that my boomerang 23 year old son is strongly thinking of moving out!!!

This weekend I had a nudie-cue, and invited her down for some ribs and she took me up on it - but no participation or her part, if you get my drift.

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my wife to take it all off? I would like to snowbird and try out various nudist resorts and will be running the Bare Buns Fun Run at Kaniksu Nudist ranch in Spokane next summer.

For those who haven't sunned their buns in awhile, or if ever, seriously, nudism has incredible benefits. Costs very little, (nothing really) and is nature's original and best cure for depression and anxiety. And their are NO old or ugly people among nudists, just friends!

This weekend I had a nudie-cue
What exactly is a nudie-cue? Oh..wait...I figured it out...:blush:

I used to sunbathe nude in my back yard, but the low flying planes were getting to be a hazard....

Last edited:
Moving to the Cove will probably be the best resource for you.

Us fair skinned Scots can't imagine the burn we'd get! :)

Good luck and what a great idea to get your son to move out! I love it! We may need to try this method out on our "roomie" if he overstays his welcome. Ha!

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my wife to take it all off?

Hard as it may be to accept, you are likely better off to let your wife form her own opinions and plans in this area.

Two negative things could happen. She could really not like it, and leave you. Or she could really get to liking being naked with other men, and leave you.

More than one husband has come a cropper trying to broaden his wife's supposed narrow outlook. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom