Just retired @ 51, two nudists living in paradise

See how it is NEVER that simple. :LOL:

You're absolutely correct! :)

In retrospect, I should have qualified one of my prior statements. If I was standing around in a nudist camp with a bunch of male engineers discussing batteries for plug-in hybrids and had a natural reaction, I'd DEFINITELY want to hide it!:ROFLMAO:

Stay AWAY!

PS. Just a natural reaction. ;) Again, I probably will never be inside a nudist camp to ever find out. :LOL:

Re: nudity in cold weather.

I think in general, all nudists share one physical characteristic - great peripheral circulation. My wife constantly compains about sleeping with a living furnace - me. If you touch many friends hands and all of your friends hands feel cool to your touch - you may make a great nudist.

Alternatively, if all of your friends have warmer hands than you - seek tropical or semi-tropical locales.

Regarding the issue of clothing and socioeconomic status - I agree that socioeconomic status can easily be discerned in verbal communication, it's just that nudists don't seem to bring it up, even inadvertantly, like flying first class vs coach. (IMHO, telling others that one travels first class is akin to flaunting your wealth under any circumstance. Why do you think the airlines call it "first class"?)

Clothing and accessories frequently conveys socioeconomic status. Bare skin rarely does ( save for tattoos and plastic surgery and perhaps makeup)

Re. What are the functions of clothing. Always an interesting topic. Warmth, protection, symbolism, socioeconomic status, stealth (think ninjas), camouflage, enticement (think string bikini - what other purpose does it have), obfuscation (think robber in a ski mask), concealment, entertainment (think actors in costumes), deceit (think spy) and many others.

Re. - those embarassing male reactions. Again, amongst male nudists, this issue rarely arises. (Rim-shot)

The first-class vs. coach was just an example that came to my mind, albeit a really poor one, to illustrate the point that if two persons were to conduct a conversation beyond the weather, we would have to reveal something personal. And we either ignore the differences or we don't.

In retrospect, I should have qualified one of my prior statements. If I was standing around in a nudist camp with a bunch of male engineers discussing batteries for plug-in hybrids and had a natural reaction, I'd DEFINITELY want to hide it!:ROFLMAO:
OTOH if the Budweiser guy said "I love you, man!" in a nudist camp then we'd definitely know whether or not he was serious...

It’s very timely for me to see this tread revived. I recently saw my doc for the regular check up and was diagnosed as having very low levels of vitamin D. I have a prescription in hand for some high powered vitamin D supplements. Perhaps there are more pleasurable alternatives than heading to the Wal-Mart pharmacy. I must confess, however, that I’m a very shy person. I am wishing I lived in a more “free” environment that the DC area – land of suits and conservative clothing. Nords, how’s the RE market in the 50th state these days??

It’s very timely for me to see this tread revived. I recently saw my doc for the regular check up and was diagnosed as having very low levels of vitamin D. I have a prescription in hand for some high powered vitamin D supplements. Perhaps there are more pleasurable alternatives than heading to the Wal-Mart pharmacy.
OTOH if you go to Wal-Mart au naturel in search of an "all-natural" (so to speak) remedy then I bet you'd get very prompt attention...

Nords, how’s the RE market in the 50th state these days??
[-]It sucks.[/-] Come on over-- it's a great time to buy!

Purron, I think that with your latitude of residence, and if you are white-skinned - you should easily make enough of your own Vitamin D, as long as you can expose one half of your backside (unsunscreened) to the sun daily for 20 minutes ( and not more) sometime during the hours of 10 am till 2 pm during at least 8 - 9 months of the year. After sunning, do not take a shower for at least one hour so as not to remove the outer layer of epidermis where all the magic Vitamin D metabolism occurs.

I think that this would be optimal and safe - but of course- confer with your own physician first. You may be able to make enough with simple arm and leg exposure. I do not think there is any harm in trying this for awhile and having your measurment rechecked. Supplementation by dietary (food) methods requires large amounts of fortified milk and moderate amounts of oily fish. Pharmaceutical supplements can be very effective, but why not try it naturally first.

Fascinating new data from pediatricians were released recently showing how prevalant Vitamin D deficiency is in American kids. Kind of spooky.

If you live at the 45 th degree North latitude (as I do) or farther north, you need more exposure, but for about 5 to 7 months of the year, no degree of exposure can produce good enough Vitamin D levels (because of the angle of the sun's light and diminished energy in the UV-B waves) - maybe that is what really causes cabin fever up here.

People of color even need more sun exposure to produce adequate Vitamin D levels because skin melanin reflects UV-B radiation. Children of color who live in Minnesota must absolutely receive Vitamin D supplements, because they cannot get enough from the sunlight or their diets.

I went to the link that NIP provided and it appeared to be geared towards vacations, as opposed to FT living. Where would I find a link to resale prices? I am assuming this has done as poorly as the rest of Orlando? I will be visiting the area next month and would be interested in getting more info. My son is 4 years old, do you know of any good public/private schools in the area?

Purron.....just google to see if there are any nudist lakes/groups around your area....we are everywhere!
OTOH....I joined the community I visited last year for this season and absolutely love it. Nothing like swimming in the beautiful lake and having awesome conversations with people. It is such an amazing experience that one cannot explain it, it has to be lived.

Certainly it is something that many can't imagine...living and interacting in a setting that has no clothes. It's fun to watch the various comments since this thread is again revived. In the end this choice of lifestyle certainly isn't for everyone and many will ridicule out of ignorance. Until you've once been in a true social nudist environment very hard to convince anyone that strong marriages and very nice, educated, articulate, every day folks mix and enjoy a clothes free setting. Many excellent comments have been made to describe this and the beginning of the thread by Mike sums it up well. People shouldn't force an idea upon anyone and if a spouse is reluctant only they can make the decision to give it a try and see if they agree with the choice or not.

Back
Top Bottom