Less than 100 work days to go

scubamonkey

Recycles dryer sheets
Down to 100 work days to go before I finish out my work notice! I am pretty excited.

The weird thing is that it seems like time has slowed down since I gave notice. Days used to whiz by, but now they seem to have slowed down. It reminds me of waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, or waiting for school to end so we could go on Summer vacation.

Is anyone else experiencing this that is close to retirement?

Ia m experiencing what I call "accordion time". On bad days at w*rk, I wonder how I will survive another five months. On good days, I can't believe that it's only 22 weeks before I walk out the door forever.

I am a little further behind you on the date, and now sitting at 213 days. The date seems like a long way off right now but I called our HR dept today to ask about the details of giving notice and how unused PTO is paid, bonus, etc. Having the details ironed out will make it easy for me to pull the trigger after the holidays when I give my written notice.

The weird thing is that it seems like time has slowed down since I gave notice. Days used to whiz by, but now they seem to have slowed down. It reminds me of waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, or waiting for school to end so we could go on Summer vacation.

For me it's 132 work days. 217 total days. That is 61% of the days left. 31 more Monday mornings. I have not get given official notice, not until I get about a month out. Everyone knows I am leaving though.

It's agony looking forward, but looking back, the time flies. Pick a bunch of milestones that are benefits to working. Maxing out 401K, getting a 401K match, bonuses, another year of pension, etc.

Down to 100 work days to go before I finish out my work notice! I am pretty excited.

old saying... a watched pot never boils.. same with the days until the end of your sentence. Find a fun project ... time flies when you're having fun.

The more you want out, the longer each day it seems.

Good for all you folks. You make me jealous.

Savor the excitement of your impending freedom! You have worked hard to get to this point, enjoy it :dance:
As I have said in other threads - my only complaint about ER is how darn fast the time is flying by - I'm close to 10 years free now! It certainly does not feel like that long.
Thursday is my garbage pick up day....it seems like every other day is garbage day -

Back
Top Bottom