Looking to move out of the shadows into the forum

moneyviking

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am a 42 year old lawyer, married, 2 kids. I have been loosely tracking my net worth for 10 years, and seriously watching it for 5. I hope to retire at 50 but my youngest is only 7 and that may delay things. Looking forward to reading/posting here.

Welcome.

There is no reason to early retire if you enjoy your work.

Welcome OthalaFehu!

I retired at age 52 when my youngest was 11 years old and my older son was 13 years old. There are real advantages to being "there" when your kids are teenagers... more involvement, more awareness of the crowd they hang with, more bandwidth to support their extra curricular activities.

I look forward to you joining into the conversations here.

That is outstanding if you can FIRE. You won't regret it but have a plan and join the RE club.

Welcome. I retired at 5+ years ago at 57 and we'll be fine financially, but in retrospect I probably should have continued working a while longer. YMMV

.....but in retrospect I probably should have continued working a while longer. YMMV

Why do you think this, Midpack? I'm on the verge of RE so I'm curious to hear others' experiences. For me, affordable healthcare is a roadblock currently.

Back
Top Bottom