My introduction

SteveR said:
So, yes if Kate thinks Texas is like PA she is in for quite an awakening. That is like saying a Frenchman is just like a German. :D

PA? Them Adirondacks is in New York.

Grandpa was German, thoroughly, and Grandma, Irish, thoroughly, so we've been there..... (The Irish remember grudges, and the Germans love conversation.)

Don't mistake me. I know them Texans have different bugs on the ground, and we New Yorkers generally prefer trees to air conditioners.

And if ya think I don't know of any place with hubris, let me tell ya about the place that calls itself "The City"..... ::)

By the way, if you ever get to The City, take a boat ride 'round The Island.

Gee, the more I think about it, Texas Hill Country sounds like New York City, not my mountains....

kate said:
PA?   Them Adirondacks is in New York. 

Sorry, in my old age sometimes the brain sees something that never gets to the keyboard properly.

I guess I was reading Adirondacks but my hands thought it was the Poconos. Hate it when that happens. :D

SteveR said:
Sorry, in my old age sometimes the brain sees something that never gets to the keyboard properly.

I guess I was reading Adirondacks but my hands thought it was the Poconos. Hate it when that happens. :D

No problem. :) I was really surprised to learn last year that the Appalachians begin/end in New York. Always pegged it in Kentucky and West Virginia......but it's PA and NY too! Cool!

kate said:
Gee, the more I think about it, Texas Hill Country sounds like New York City, not my mountains....

"Gee" is not a word that HC Texans recognize since we never used mules or horses to plow. (We "ranch", we don't "farm".)

And as for the rest of your senctence, "Get a rope" comes to mind. ;)

kate said:
No problem. :) I was really surprised to learn last year that the Appalachians begin/end in New York. Always pegged it in Kentucky and West Virginia......but it's PA and NY too! Cool!

North Carolina has Appalachian mountains too (and they go further south). Unless they moved them since the last time I was up there. Hope Appalachian State University knows about the move...

Have Funds said:
I went there... Majored in animal husbandry... :uglystupid:

You told us what you did for fun on lonely cold nights, but what did you get your degree in? :D

justin said:
North Carolina has Appalachian mountains too (and they go further south). Unless they moved them since the last time I was up there. Hope Appalachian State University knows about the move...

I knew they went further but didn't want to guess. ;)

I remember the peaches we bought on a road trip that passed through... Oh no, that was Tennessee....I think :confused:.... and different mountains. And different peaches. Yumm.

See what I mean? It's like Steve and the Pocanos. :D :D

REWahoo! said:
And as for the rest of your senctence, "Get a rope" comes to mind. ;)

Like "City people" for sure, only they'd have no time for you, or the rope.

Not to pick this apart....but the Appalachian Range runs from Georga to New Brunswick, Canada.  

Peaches would be most likely eastern GA or South Carolina.  Tennessee would be Jack Daniels and Jim Beam....Tennessee sippin' whiskey.   ;)

SteveR said:
Not to pick this apart....but the Appalachian Range runs from Georga to New Brunswick, Canada.

Peaches would be most likely eastern GA or South Carolina. Tennessee would be Jack Daniels and Jim Beam....Tennessee sippin' whiskey. ;)

Jim Beam = Kentucky dood. I concur on the peaches = GA or SC. Nothing like some beautiful Georgia peaches.

Nope, these peaches were in Tennessee. It was on a trip that went to Lookout Mountain...

kate said:
Nope, these peaches were in Tennessee. It was on a trip that went to Lookout Mountain...

They were probably imported from GA.

Back country road, farm stand.....

kate said:
Nope, these peaches were in Tennessee.   It was on a trip that went to Lookout Mountain...

Could have been but Chattanooga is not known for great peaches due to the cooler climate.

Justin.........George Dickel is the guy I was thinking of.

SteveR said:
Could have been but Chattanooga is not known for great peaches due to the cooler climate.

I'll ask Mom. :)

kate said:
I'll ask Mom. :)

Mom said it was Shenandoah Valley, Pennsylvania.

She also said she knows people here in New York who grow peaches....

kate said:
Mom said it was Shenandoah Valley, Pennsylvania.

She also said she knows people here in New York who grow peaches.... 

What is it with us and PA today? :D

Peaches can grow lots of places but the GA and SC peaches are different from the northern ones and can only grow where it stay warm most of the year. Just like you don't see many orange tress in NYC either.

I totally agree about oranges (and grapefruit). Never seen any here. Maybe peaches are more like grapes and pears, which we also have, and are delicious.

These peaches in Pennsylvania were memorable. Absolutely delicious.

kate said:
These peaches in Pennsylvania were memorable. Absolutely delicious.

I bet they ain't no where near as good as them Georgia peaches.

That's what I thought about grapes too.....New York?..... until a friend in Troy (across the river) gave me some she grew in her backyard.....

It's really special when you travel a lot as a kid, and remember a trip for the peaches.

I'm sure Georgia has very nice peaches too.

kate said:
That's what I thought about grapes too.....New York?.....  until a friend in Troy (across the river) gave me some she grew in her backyard.....

Try some Finger Lakes wines and you'll see how special NYS grapes can be...

brewer12345 said:
Try some Finger Lakes wines and you'll see how special NYS grapes can be...

I'm a believer!

kate said:
That's what I thought about grapes too.....New York?..... until a friend in Troy (across the river) gave me some she grew in her backyard.....

It's really special when you travel a lot as a kid, and remember a trip for the peaches.

I'm sure Georgia has very nice peaches too.

I was telling a coworker today about the mangos in mexico - unbelievably good. One of the most vivid memories from my trip.

Hey a$$holes, thanks for hijacking my introduction into a discussion of the merits of New York wines and Georgia peaches!

Nah, just kidding.... ;) I readily admit I'm enjoying it.....

P.S. Moroccan clementines rule! (As do both kinds of Georgia peach......)

Edited to excise potentially offensive vulgarity

Back
Top Bottom