New Member with late 2019 Target Date

MI-Roger

Recycles dryer sheets
61 years old, We been saving and investing toward retirement for over 30 years but children, college, housing, family emergencies, and other things have occurred along the way. Even with all that my wife and I could already be considered FI by many so the next two years will only help toward our goal of RE.

I have been hanging out on the City-Data Retirement forum for a while and just found this site. I had to Google the FIRE acronym to learn its meaning. Gee, I thought the FIRECalc name only meant the tool was fast! LOL

Like looking into a mirror

Welcome MI-Roger! Your story is just like mine:

• about the same age;
  • with a history of having daily life assert itself ahead of other considerations like retirement;
  • pretty much FI now, but hanging onto the paycheck until the smoke clears.
I have learned a bunch here, a lot of it practical and some of it enormously entertaining. I look forward to your future posts!

Welcome and congrats. I too was way late to the FIRE concept, but we were mostly a LBYM couple. I was able to jump at 60 earlier this year- every day has been incredible!

I describe us as FIre. Def FI, but just a smidgen of ER (I think there's folk here that retired while still in junior high). :LOL:

Best wishes as you wind down! :)

Back
Top Bottom