Newbie needing advice

Just like when my family gets together, most of us here can figure out for ourselves what advice is helpful what is not, no need for public votes or throwing cow pies. Why don't we stick to either trying to help Sassy or just sitting back to watch the show. :)

Thanks Mr Bolton:cool:That's good advice. Your family sounds a lot like mine. Most times members bite their tongues and let comments pass through to the keeper (a cricket analogy). Sometimes, there's fireworks and it ain't always pretty:LOL:

Sassy,

I forgot couple more things, but you probably know yourself.
Since you're the one controlling retirement planning, I'd also ask for your husband's 401k access to review AA in it and hopefully he's not 100% invested in his company's stock. That's also a form of gambling and it has ended quite badly for many folks.

I don't remember how many years you've been married. If it's 10 or more years, and if the SS stays around you'll be able to claim on his working record. It sounded that your "D"H (quote marks, because he's not 'dear' right now) earns good income, so it's good for you too.

Last edited:
Merely stating my view. Wasn't taking shots anyone in particular, unlike your post which is clearly a personal attack :nonono:

He did say "please".........;)

So I disagree with all the "well intentioned" strong advice one way or the other, especially the ones that come from individuals with a lot of "baggage".:angel:

I resemble that remark.........;):D

I'm getting quite the chuckle at the lively debate going on here on whether or not I should kick Mr. Sassy to the curb. It's getting hashed out on this forum more than it is in my own house. Let's just say I kind of like him sleeping with one eye open.... :)

Life insurance needs are covered.

Yes, he makes a good income, so that helps. And we know how to LBOM, which is good, considering we're in UMM----Ultra Miser Mode.

Will continue to max out 401K (which I have access to), IRAs, and contribute monthly net savings to the after-tax account. Getting from Point A to B, what I have to work with each month v. what I need in that account, is incredibly intimidating and seems unreachable. There's just such a massive gap right now that it seems nearly impossible.

And, yes, there are 100 million scenarios that could be much worse. Yesterday I went to the funeral of a childhood friend. She had been clean of breast cancer for 7 years, it suddenly came raging back, and in mid-February she was diagnosed with brain tumors. Six weeks later she was gone at the age of 42. Her goals where simple: live to see her son's bday in May and live until the end of the school year. It is so incredibly sad and I am feeling her loss today and feeling for her husband and young family she left behind. So, yes, this situation of mine and life is certainly in perspective here.

Getting from Point A to B, what I have to work with each month v. what I need in that account, is incredibly intimidating and seems unreachable. There's just such a massive gap right now that it seems nearly impossible.

What are your goals, $1m, $2m, $3m? You can make any or all of those if you choose...UMM (ultra miser mode) will help...........:)

Back
Top Bottom