Pulled the trigger today

mtheulen

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All
Been lurking on this site for years trying to learn all I could about FIRE.Today I sign my letter of intent to retire! Have about 20 actual working days left.Sunday will be my 59th birthday.I'am soooo looking forward to all the things I have planned to do.While money management was the primary goal of reading all the posts here, I've learned a very important rule.
Money is nothing more than a tool used to accomplish a task.Don't fall in love with it,dont get hung up by it.Use it like a wrench to get to the path you need to be on

Money is nothing more than a tool used to accomplish a task.Don't fall in love with it,dont get hung up by it.Use it like a wrench to get to the path you need to be on

Those are wise words my friend. Congratulations on retirement!

Congrats on joining the FIRE crowd. Great birthday present.

Congratulations and a very good perspective on money! Enjoy the ride!

Congratulations, mtheulen! Celebrate by adding your name to the Class of 2018!

Wow, congratulations!!!

Twenty more days and then the best part of life begins. :D Or many of us feel that way about life after we retire.

Well said. And once you are retired (with the money situation basically taken care of), taking care of your health should be the #1 priority, at least in my view (while you have fun along the way, of course). I pretty much consider that to be my "job" now.

Well said. And once you are retired (with the money situation basically taken care of), taking care of your health should be the #1 priority, at least in my view (while you have fun along the way, of course). I pretty much consider that to be my "job" now.

I agree, this is a great point. The main reason to ER is to have a long retirement :) Plus we want to be as healthy as possible to thoroughly enjoy our retirement.

Good for you! I gave myself the same birthday present for my 59th - :)

Congrats to you! I am 34 calendar days away -just 5 more Mondays. Ain't it great? ;)

Happy birthday, and congrats. What a great way to celebrate your birthday! For me, first thirty days just felt like a long vacation...may take awhile for it feel real

Congrats!. Ive been ER for 7 months and it has taken that long to "get in the groove". It gets better by the day! Don't miss working a bit. I look forward to hearing your story. This forum will be a big help.

:dance:

Wishing you a wonderful transition into the next phase of life.

Hi All
Been lurking on this site for years trying to learn all I could about FIRE.Today I sign my letter of intent to retire! Have about 20 actual working days left.Sunday will be my 59th birthday.I'am soooo looking forward to all the things I have planned to do.While money management was the primary goal of reading all the posts here, I've learned a very important rule.

Here's to a happy and healthy retirement ,congratulations :)

Good one!

All those threads for what to say when asked what your "job" is, we can just say "I'm a health coach" in addition to a financial planner.

2 pcs of sage advice I got...
1. Don't make any major commitments with your time for at least a year.
2. You probably will not get everything done that you think you will in retirement. Don't be hard on yourself.

Thanks Everyone!
Small update:
Had a roundtrip ticket to go back and see family and friends in the midwest.Canceled the return flight and made it a 1 way.
I will fly back when iam good and ready!The joy of not working!

Thanks Everyone!
Small update:
Had a roundtrip ticket to go back and see family and friends in the midwest.Canceled the return flight and made it a 1 way.
I will fly back when iam good and ready!The joy of not working!

It's Monday and you can do anything you want.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom