Repeatedly trying to retire

...being marginalized by friends, and isolated form the "mainstream".
I would suggest two things.

1. They were not your "friends" to act in such a manner.

2. You may have considered them as such, since they lived a different daily lifestyle than you do, currently.

My suggestion (yes, I'm retired, and I've "been there")? Acquire new friends that have the same outlook on life, regardless of their physical age.

Everybody is different and have different desires once they retire. As for me? I do volunteer work and share the same outlook in life that do the same.

There are a multitude of folks that lead "different lives". You just need to reach out and seek those that have already achieved the freedom you now have....

It's a wonderful world when you meet those that share the same "life condition" as you have now. Relationships via w*rk? That's the past. It's time to move on...

Interesting that most people who move through life from one phase to another usually adopt a different group of friends than they had. Facebook really brings that into perspective. The number of friends that remain from one phase to another is really small.

I have been doing exactly the same thing, spreadsheet and all for 6 years. I have created what I call a 'Virtual Savings' where I move all the 'extra' cash each month (Income - Spending=:confused:). Then I use it when I am short.

This is what we do only I actually transfer it to the savings account. DH has been retired for 10 months and at the beginning of the month I transfer the expected excess into the savings. Just one month did expenses exceed income and I've had to withdraw.

Now this month I've had unexpected medical expenses and I'll be using some of that "Didn't Spend It" account to cover the deductible. Hate to have to pay it but I'm glad we have it saved.

Back
Top Bottom