Retired, 50 yr old Mom of 1 teen and 1 in college

Chi-Town

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm retired (since '08) and came to the site by way of CanIRetireYet.com. Really interested in what early retirees are doing about health insurance. I've been on an individual plan after Cobra ran out and this year, the ACA caused big changes in my plan with Aetna (whom I've had for 10 plus years). Learned last week that my daughter in private college out of state is no longer covered there as Aetna pulled out of the area and gave me no notification. Happily the college has a plan but it was like Fort Knox removing her from my plan (she's over 18 so they require she request the removal-after 12 hours of repeated phone calls) and getting her on the college's plan (had to send proof of Aetna's removal) and had to have her request the addition-from her college email.
I stayed away from healthcare.gov because they request too much information that I don't want handled electronically by the government.
Has anyone had experience with ehealthinsurance.com? I used Aetna.com this year. Glad to join this community

Welcome Chi-Town! Health care continues to be a big issue for us ER-ers. I found the best course to work with a licensed agent in your state. I've worked with one in VA who is/was a member here and was very helpful in navigating the health care maze with no extra cost to me. I did some searching on both ehealthinsurance.com and healthcare.gov and got the same rates through my agent with his advice and less hassle.

Ins agent was useless

Thanks for the welcome. The agent in my broker's office spit out the same information I found on line but I appreciate your suggestion. Lucky you found one here. I learned that I'll have to check everything January 1 so that I can still change things if my provider doesn't provide what I signed up for during open enrollment.

I stayed away from healthcare.gov because they request too much information that I don't want handled electronically by the government.

Has anyone had experience with ehealthinsurance.com? I used Aetna.com this year. Glad to join this community

Curious about the gov info comment, given that the IRS already has a lot of personal info. Any specific concerns? My COBRA will expire in a year, so I'll be in the ACA world soon...

Hi there can't help you on insurance but welcome native Texan on west side of town 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom