Submitted today

Arkgolfer

Dryer sheet wannabe
After countless hours of deliberation and many years in the workforce I submitted my retirement/resignation letter today. I will stop working at the end of May. I'm a teacher with 34 years of service, receiving a healthy pension and a drop plan. All major debts are settled, we paid off the house in January! We bought our kids new vehicles at the height of Covid, used cars were ridiculously over priced at the time, and they were going off the college. We can easily payoff both at any time. My wife will work one more year and then retire as well.

My boss just shook his head and told me he was so jealous. I'm looking forward to not having to get up at 5AM every morning to drive a bus, coach a sport, or grade some papers.

I will have a perpetual 10am tee time.

I bet it feels great!

Now you can pamper DW while she has to work one more year.

Last edited:
Been there done that.... It's great. Congrads.

Welcome to the club!

Congratulations! My sister is a retired teacher. She loved teaching, loved her students, and was a type A teacher (60-80 hours per week type of teacher). She loves retirement even more. Her transition was pretty seamless.

I will have a perpetual 10am tee time.

That sounds nice! A little too structured for me :LOL:

Congratulations on your retirement. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this next phase of life.

Congratulations on your retirement!

That sounds nice! A little too structured for me :LOL:

Congratulations on your retirement. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this next phase of life.

Well he did say he was a teacher. [emoji23]

I have a family full of teachers. I am not one of them.
My mom taught for 40 years. I have a sister who is chomping at the bit to retire, my son still has years to go.

Congratulations!
Do you think it will sink in over the summer or take until after school starts again?
Not sure about the school calendar in Arkansas.

Congratulations and I hope that you enjoy your retirement as much as I enjoy mine.

My mom taught for 40 years. I have a sister who is chomping at the bit to retire, my son still has years to go.

Congratulations!
Do you think it will sink in over the summer or take until after school starts again?

It will take until school starts. Arkansas starts in August. I also come from a family of teachers. I have 2 sisters who are retiring this year as well. It's unreal how much freedom I feel I have now. I'm not going to burn bridges or anything, just a feeling of burden gone.

Congratulations and welcome to retirement.
That pension is gold!
Our son is a HS teacher and our daughter is a preschool teacher/now stay at home mom until little one is older.

Well he did say he was a teacher. [emoji23]

Congratulations!

For me, retirement wasn’t “real” until the first part of August when everyone else went back to school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom