Submitted today

Yes, congratulations. Have you given much thought to what you're going to do with all your spare time? You can only play so many rounds of golf!

Congrats

After countless hours of deliberation and many years in the workforce I submitted my retirement/resignation letter today. I will stop working at the end of May.

Congrats - you're cleared for take off to new adventures! Good fortune and enjoy the journey ahead. Just remember - your are retiring to some new fulfilling adventure, not just retiring from something.

Congrats. One year into retirement and it is awesome. Just enjoy being able to choose what you do even if that is bring bored from time to time

Congratulations also!!!
I always have a lot of respect for teachers and the work they do. My mother was a teacher for about 40 years and helped many kids in many ways more than teaching in a classroom.

Thank you and have a great retirement.

After countless hours of deliberation and many years in the workforce I submitted my retirement/resignation letter today. I will stop working at the end of May. I'm a teacher with 34 years of service, receiving a healthy pension and a drop plan. All major debts are settled, we paid off the house in January! We bought our kids new vehicles at the height of Covid, used cars were ridiculously over priced at the time, and they were going off the college. We can easily payoff both at any time. My wife will work one more year and then retire as well.

My boss just shook his head and told me he was so jealous. I'm looking forward to not having to get up at 5AM every morning to drive a bus, coach a sport, or grade some papers.

I will have a perpetual 10am tee time.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! (Okay, officially starting end of May - but we'll count you in anyway!) I'm in my fourth year of retirement now and you can read my thoughts right before retirement on the "What was your happiest moment?" page. I'm so happy for you - sounds like you're in a great place both financially and otherwise. Drop us another line at the end of May - I'd love to hear how you felt just after walking out!

Yes, congratulations. Have you given much thought to what you're going to do with all your spare time? You can only play so many rounds of golf!

After looking at my proposed retirement schedule it doesn't look like I have enough time in the day! When will I fit in household chores?

6:00 -Wakeup
6:00 - 7:00 See my wife off to work, we usually play a game of skipbo every morning before work, that won't change.
7:00 - 7:30 Make and eat breakfast
7:30 - 8:30 Morning Walk
8:30 - 9:30 Workout
9:30 - possibly a quick shower
10:00 to 1:30 Golf
1:30 t0 1:45 shower
1:45 to 3:00 Nap/internet time
3:00 wife gets home

When my wife retires after next year we plan on traveling a lot. We have a goal of visiting every state in the United States. We'll have a lot of fun trying.

After looking at my proposed retirement schedule it doesn't look like I have enough time in the day! When will I fit in household chores?

6:00 -Wakeup
6:00 - 7:00 See my wife off to work, we usually play a game of skipbo every morning before work, that won't change.
7:00 - 7:30 Make and eat breakfast
7:30 - 8:30 Morning Walk
8:30 - 9:30 Workout
9:30 - possibly a quick shower
10:00 to 1:30 Golf
1:30 t0 1:45 shower
1:45 to 3:00 Nap/internet time
3:00 wife gets home
First thing I did after ER was to give up making schedules. Yours is way too busy … :)

Back
Top Bottom