Thank you from Schucrew

schucrew

Confused about dryer sheets
After a few years of lurking, I need to delurk and send a big thank you to all the members of the Early Retirement Forums boards. All the information and advice that is shared here has been instrumental in getting us to where we are - which is that both my husband and I are now retired!
My husband has been for nearly two years now, and I have been retired for 19 days!!! Although I do plan to do some relief work (I am a pharmacist and anticipate I can do as much as I would like) for money for extras, traveling, etc.
Some of the most helpful things for me were the information on health insurance (we are completely on our own for that), lists of books to read, the 4%SWR concept, and discussions on living below your means. (Not every body "gets" it - a lot of our friends don't understand how we can be retired.)
We are not retired as early as some (we are 56 and 55) but are still happy that we were able to save, LBOM, and still enjoy life along the way.
Thaks again to all who have been so willing to share their knowledge.

You must have missed all the "should I be a pharmacist" threads!

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on your ER.

Sounds like you have really benefited from this forum. I found out about it a week before I decided to retire--during the week that DW and I were trying to decide whether to retire at 63 or 66. The people and info here helped give us the confidence to take the plunge. Ok, so it was only 3 years early.

I hope you now share your experiences and knowledge with those of us who are pre-retirement.

Martha - I did see the "should I be a pharmacist?" thread, but was too lazy/shy to respond, and the responses that were given were good ones.
Being a pharmacist has been a good fit for me; I enjoy advising people on there medications, and acting as a resource for doctors. There are negatives, of course, but that is true of any profession.

WithAllMyHeart - I hope to post more now, and hopefully can be helpful to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom