They have the Internet on computers, now?

dreamn2retir

Confused about dryer sheets
"They have the Internet on computers, now?"
quote from Homer Simpson.

Hello all!

I am 45 and my wife is in her late 30s (no kids). Our desired retirement age is about 17 years from now (2007 is now).

Our financial picture looks like this: Me-retired military with pension, plus VA disability payments (nice to have some tax-free income), finishing grad school, working part-time. Between 150-200k in index mutual funds, allocated Stks-60, Bnds-18, the rest in international markets, and 80% of the assets are Roth IRAs. Wife-working a federal job, with approx. 40K in tax-deferred retirement funds (TSP, some employer matching).

The plan is for me to work a few years after finishing school. Minimal expenses, but we do travel and occasionally splurge on resort spas, etc. Where to retire? We haven't decided yet, but most of our family is in the West coast. Perhaps the nomadic life-style we had when I was on active duty (military service) has changed the way we view the world.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum, not only from the financial/investing perspective, but also in other areas of interest. Thanks.

John

Welcome and thanks for the internet tip! :)

Greetings John,

What branch of the service? You will find a cr@p load of us that are prior service on this forum. My family and in-laws have or have had had members in all the branches many times over. (Coast Guard for me; AF for my son.)

Back
Top Bottom