Yippee Skippee!

PhoneCzar

Confused about dryer sheets
I am 62 and will retire next summer at age 63… (I pause here briefly to feel the warmth and joy this brings me each time I say it). I have had a great 33-year career in Tech in Higher Ed. and have enjoyed it a lot. But, now I am ready for the next chapter. The FI piece is in place and, at 63, I get in just under the RE wire. DW is retired already enjoying SS. Kids are grown out on their own, I have no debt and no mortgage. My plan is to take the first 6 months to 1 year and do whatever I want whenever I want. Then, I think I will want look for some structure that comes from organized mayhem like the previous 33 years gave me. Not a full-time gig… but maybe something like consulting or the like. Still, I am so happy that the working days are numbered and I am in good health and wealth (or so Firecalc tells me). It is the next chapter that has caught my imagination…. Open to any advice.

Welcome to our wonderful forum. The next and best chapter in your life is about to begin.

......... My plan is to take the first 6 months to 1 year and do whatever I want whenever I want. Then, I think I will want look for some structure .....
Welcome. Lots of us had that plan, but it turns out that goofing off with no schedule or deadlines is a lot more fun than we thought. YMMV

So good to hear. Have fun!:cool:

I am 62 and will retire next summer at age 63… (I pause here briefly to feel the warmth and joy this brings me each time I say it). I have had a great 33-year career in Tech in Higher Ed. and have enjoyed it a lot. But, now I am ready for the next chapter. The FI piece is in place and, at 63, I get in just under the RE wire. DW is retired already enjoying SS. Kids are grown out on their own, I have no debt and no mortgage. My plan is to take the first 6 months to 1 year and do whatever I want whenever I want. Then, I think I will want look for some structure that comes from organized mayhem like the previous 33 years gave me. Not a full-time gig… but maybe something like consulting or the like. Still, I am so happy that the working days are numbered and I am in good health and wealth (or so Firecalc tells me). It is the next chapter that has caught my imagination…. Open to any advice.

Congratulations to you! This is s wonderful forum to learn from and share. Welcome

Back
Top Bottom