127 Corridor Yard Sale from Ohio to Alabama--anyone?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone ever done the world's longest yard sale, the 127 Corridor Yard Sale from Ohio to Alabama?
I'd love to take a week and do this sale some year, but would be really interested to hear if anyone on the board has gone to it? Was it worth it? Lots of good deals or waste of time? Hard to find a place to sleep at night or easy? Do you need to book your motels to sleep in a year ahead?
This is the world's longest yard sale and people supposedly attend from all over America, but I don't know anyone who has been to it. Sounds like a total blast, but feedback from an attendee would be wonderful. Anyone?

127sale

Now this really surprises me for a LBYM group...wow, I thought someone would have attended this from this forum.

There is another newer miles long yard sale in Pennsylvania, I think it is.
There have been segments on this world's longest yard sale on everything from documentaries to HGTV, so I figured someone knew about it other than me. Guess not. It's been going on for awhile and isn't a new thing at all.

I have never heard of these corridor yard sales either, Orchidflower. I live in PA and a local drive-in has yard sale type vendors in the summertime. Also a not-too-far away racetrack. I love antiques and collectibles but am trying to rein myself in from the buying due to space considerations at home. That said, I scored a really nice barrister's stacking bookcase today while browsing a used furniture store near my office at lunchtime. The owner just acquired it yesterday, it came from an old school in town, and is in perfect condition down to all the hardware, has five stacking sections plus a footed base and a cap piece and it is original(no stripping of the finish and each section sporting the original paper label "Globe-Wernicke" made in Cincinnati). Can you tell I'm excited? I made a cash offer and picked it up after work as I had to run home and pull my old Land Cruiser out of the garage to carry home my treasure. I always say "I'll give it to my son one day" but this is really nice. I'll give him something else! I even skipped yoga tonight to gloat over it.

I had heard about it (saw a special on it a few years ago, maybe on HGTV), but it isn't near New Orleans so I haven't gone. The cost of gas could eat up everything I might save. :(

The HGTV show on it showed two sharp looking Orange County type younger gals that came all the way in from California. I forget why they were buying; but I think it was for their own homes, which is one reason I was wondering if the deals were so good as I am imagining. Dang! I wish someone on this board had gone to that yard sale.

Back
Top Bottom