1940 Census coming online 2 Apr 2012 at 9AM

Zero

Full time employment: Posting here.
For anyone doing genealogy or just interested in seeing where the clan was in 1940 this is a great site.

1940 Census - 1940 Census

Forewarning: You might find out more than you want to know.:facepalm:

EDIT: Don't even bother going there as it is evidently totally swamped and not loading.

Last edited:
DW spent a couple hours yesterday poring through the 1930 census looking for her grandparents. She did eventually find them. About every 15 minutes I told her that geneology looked like a fabulously exciting hobby.

I was all psyched for this new census, but the system crashed because of too many users yesterday. I'll try again today. I'm doing research on the former owners of my house.

Just another thought about it in the cyberage, though. It makes it so easy to retrace our roots, but...

1940 Census data: A treasure trove for con artists? - CSMonitor.com

I can see that, especially for conning the elderly. Anyone alive and over the age of 72 was already alive and listed here, and you can get things like their mother's maiden name and other things that help identity thieves.

Last edited:
I'm doing house research rather than family research. With some frustration, I finally found the enumeration number today and scrolled through 38 pages of slow-loading material to get to the correct image. But it was worth it--there were some great nuggets of information such as salaries, places of employment, house cost, etc.

Back
Top Bottom