$19M toilet broken

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I guess $19M doesn't get the same quality of plumbing that it used to. And it's 8 months old. Bet it came with a only a 6 month warranty.

One of two toilets on the International Space Station is apparently broken, NASA announced Sunday...This $19 million commode was delivered to the station by the STS-126 shuttle mission in November 2008.

SPACE.com -- Space Station Toilet Troubled

1970 - worked on some mock-ups of some proposed prototypes for Skylab.

One of the truly great (unsung) quests of the Space Program. Number two was always a tough buzzard to solve.

Sounds like more work is yet to be done.

heh heh heh - ;)

Sounds like a "Big Bang Theory" episode. "Houston, we are going to be taking an out of station excursion". "Station, this is not on the schedule, not authorized". "Houston, that was not a request".

Sounds like a "Big Bang Theory" episode. "Houston, we are going to be taking an out of station excursion". "Station, this is not on the schedule, not authorized". "Houston, that was not a request".

i love that show

Like others, when we heard this story on the news the other night, first thing my wife and I both thought of was the Big Bang episode from the other night where Howard had a problem with the toilet he designed- great episode, great show.

Back
Top Bottom