2020 Ig Nobel awards

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I always look forward to reading these. In a world where everyone is so serious, some people can take a step back and look at the lighter side of serious life.

For this new to this, from the Improbable Research website:
Improbable research is research that makes people laugh and then think.
We collect improbable research. Real research, about anything and everything, from everywhere. Research that’s maybe good or bad, important or trivial, valuable or worthless.
This year's IG Nobel prizes include these gems https://www.improbable.com/ig-about/winners/

Economics prize “ for trying to quantify the relationship between different countries’ national income inequality and the average amount of mouth-to-mouth kissing”

Entomology prize “for collecting evidence that many entomologists (scientists who study insects) are afraid of spiders, which are not insects.”

Materials Science prize “ for showing that knives manufactured from frozen human feces do not work well.”

Psychology prize “ for devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows.”

Peace prize “ The governments of India and Pakistan, for having their diplomats surreptitiously ring each other’s doorbells in the middle of the night, and then run away before anyone had a chance to answer the door.”

See the web site for additional 2020 winners along with prior year history.

Materials Science prize “ for showing that knives manufactured from frozen human feces do not work well.”

Cutting edge research, and a sharp reminder that dull scientists need projects too.

This made my day. Thanks so much for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom