4th Annual SWFL E-R.org Get Together

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Its time to plan our 4th annual SW Florida E-R.org get together! :D

We had a great time last year with 14 attendees, details here: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/sw-florida-2019-e-r-org-get-together-95784.html.....

WHO'S INVITED: ERs, OMYs, W*rkers, Spouses/SOs, (and redduck, if he has managed to stay out of serious trouble.)

WHERE: TBD Somewhere in SW FL. Last year we all chipped-in for a private room in a restaurant near I-75 in Sarasota. Having a quiet, private room, and a dedicated server worked very well for our group.

WHEN: TBD Late January thru mid-February works best for me, as I have house guests planned from Feb 20 thru early April. Hopefully, we can find a mutually-available day for those who wish to attend.

We'll likely be meeting for a late lunch (to be at the restaurant when they are not super busy, and to allow attendees travel and chat time).

PLEASE REPLY IN A POST:

• If you (and if a +1) are interested in attending

• Where you are traveling from

• Dates you are available (are weekdays and/or weekends OK?). (I realize football playoffs & Super Bowl may complicate planning.)

• Any issue with meeting at a restaurant near I-75 in the vicinity of Sarasota?

Let's get this party started! :dance:

omni

...(and redduck, if he has managed to stay out of serious trouble.)...

So sad... I was looking forward to meeting redduck.... better luck next time I guess.

I plan to attend... coming from north Sarasota... FWIW I thought the private room that we had last year worked out great... and much better than the year before.

Only weekend conflict that I have is the weekend of Feb 29/Mar 1.

Excellent.
Had a great time last year. The setup was perfect.
Planning on attending this year too with +1 (DGF)
Traveling from New Tampa
Weekdays/weekends are good except Feb 8th (60th BD party for me)
Area near Sarasota just fine

Hello!

1. Yes, I plan to attend with DH
2. Traveling from Sarasota
3. Available all days except football playoff afternoons (DH loves his pro football), as well as Jan 26, 27, 30, & Feb 1 & 8
4. All for the private room in Sarasota again

Looking forward to it! Mr. Simple Girl is finally FIRED!

We (DW and I) didn’t get to make it last year, but hopefully can this year. We will be driving 2 hours or so from Ocala so no preference on location. The weekend of Jan 25 & 26 is out for us, otherwise day of the week doesn’t matter.

I would like to attend, only available Feb 2nd onwards. Great group last year.

I would like to attend but I have been having some health isssues so unless it is mid feburary I am a no go .

My wife and I are interested in attending.
Driving from northern Pinellas County.
A restaurant near I-75 near Sarasota is fine.

Dates currently open on our calendar are:
January: 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28,
February: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Thanks for organizing!

I would like to attend. I will be driving from Naples. The restaurant worked well last year.

Any the in February works for me.

We have been working on our new house in VA, so we're not getting down to FL until the 21st, so anytime in Jan will be difficult. And I have jury duty on of Feb 4, although with any luck they won't need me. But if the timing works out for us DW and/or I will be there. Y'all decide on a time and place and I'll be there if I can.

Sarasota would work for me... once the date is finalized I will be able to commit, or not.

Planning to FIRE myself this year. Wanted to jump on this thread and will try to make it if I can... still w*rking so evenings/weekends are likely the only times I'll make it. I'm in S Pinellas Co if anyone else is close and be interested in meeting for a beer/coffee sometime.

I will tune in on the SW FL ER cam. :)

Now that eaglet E14 has died :( , the SW FL eagle cam is less interesting to watch. I'm sure that the SW FL ER cam will be fascinating. :)

Looks like there's a bunch of folks interested. :dance:

Preferences to accommodate are: Mid-February date, on a weekend, and at a location near Sarasota with a private room (if avail).

I will work on this and post details soon.

Nose count so far:

1&2 pb4uski +1
3&4 Detail +1
5&6 simple girl +1
7&8 boog +1
9 beachorcity
10 moemg (health permitting)
11&12 LewisClark +1
13 Lagniappe
14&15 harley +1
16 BoodaGazelle
17 FLSUnFire
18 omni

Anyone else care to join?

omni

PS: I PM'd redduck and haven't heard anything. I sure hope he's OK as he hasn't posted since July.

Anyone else care to join?

omni

I have good friends (another couple) who have been FIRE'd for 10+ years who would potentially be interested in coming - if the group is ok with a couple who are not members of the forum joining us. Any objections?

I have good friends (another couple) who have been FIRE'd for 10+ years who would potentially be interested in coming - if the group is ok with a couple who are not members of the forum joining us. Any objections?

OK with me.

Ok with me, but are they going to lurk outside the room and just listen in or become part of the conversation? :D Tell them to join!

Last years location seemed to work pretty well, so why not try that again?

Only if they ask questions about when to take SS.....:D
Of course good by me.

Ok with me, but are they going to lurk outside the room and just listen in or become part of the conversation? :D Tell them to join!

Only if they ask questions about when to take SS.....:D
Of course good by me.

:LOL:

I'll do my best to get the hubby of the pair to join - he's the financial one.

Last years location seemed to work pretty well, so why not try that again?

Great minds and all that....;)

I just called them and was requested to send an email asking about private room availability, which I did.

Will post info as soon as I hear back.

omni

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom