6th SWFL ER.org Get-together

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Folks,

It's time to start planning our SIXTH SWFL Early-Retirement.org Get-together. :dance:

Here's the thread from our FIFTH get-together in 2022. A fun time was had by all! https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/5th-swfl-e-r-org-get-together-112574.html

WHO'S INVITED: ERs, OMYs, W*rkers, Spouses/SOs...(and even Lurkers <--we had one last year!)

WHERE: TBD Somewhere in SW FL. The last few times we have met at Gecko's Fruitville near Sarasota (at Exit 210 on I-75) which seemed to work out well. (FWIW, I'm located south of Ft. Myers. I welcome any/all suggestions if those attending makes it practical to meet further north along the coast OR if anyone knows of a better site that is quiet with easy access to freeway with good parking....having a private room would be a bonus.)

WHEN: TBD I'm thinking possibly Sat. Feb. 11 or Sun. Feb. 19, if either of those dates work for most. (FYI, Super Bowl is Feb 12)

We'll be meeting for a late lunch (to be at the restaurant when they are not super busy, and to allow attendees travel and chat time).

PLEASE REPLY IN A POST:

• If you (and if a +1) are interested in attending

• Where you are traveling from

• Dates you are available

• Any issue with meeting at a restaurant near I-75 in the vicinity of Sarasota? OR Would meeting someplace else be preferable?

omni

Thank you for thinking of this and playing cat-herder again.

I'm planning to attend. Getting DW to attend is unlikely, but if DD is in town that weekend she might be interested... no specific plans for her.

In Sarasota, ~2mi north of University Parkway. Available either date. Sarasota is convenient for me and as I recall is pretty central to most attendees but I'm willing to travel.

While Geckos is fine by me if we want to change it up another option at the same exit would be Stottlemyer's Smokehouse... or Miller's Ale House one exit south of the exit for Geckos.

Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

Thank you Omni550 for organizing as always.
My DGF and I will attend on either date.
Traveling from Tampa.
Last years' place was great and also open to other places around that area.

Thank you for organizing, Omni!

I'm available on either date. Just me.

Coming from northern Pinellas County.

I-75 in Sarasota is fine with me. Would prefer not going too much further south.

Just me.
Coming from Bradenton.
Either date works.
No preference, wherever the group decides.

Last edited:
PLEASE REPLY IN A POST:

• If you (and if a +1) are interested in attending

• Where you are traveling from

• Dates you are available

• Any issue with meeting at a restaurant near I-75 in the vicinity of Sarasota? OR Would meeting someplace else be preferable?

omni

Hello!

*Mr. Simple Girl & I would be interested in attending again!
*We live in Sarasota
*We are available both of those dates
*no issues with meeting in Sarasota
*do not prefer any other place but willing to drive an hour or so if others have a different preference

Thanks so much again for organizing omni!!!

Definitely want to attend and can make it on the 19th but have a conflict on the 11th so iffy if held then. It would just be me coming from St Pete and Sarasota is fine. -Closer to Tampa if it is on the 11th would increase my odds of making it on that date.;)

Thanks Omni! Look forward to seeing everyone!

I would like to attend. It would be my first meetup, and perfect timing since we are in our first full year of retirement and wintering in FL. Either date works for me. It would be just me coming from Venice, so Sarasota works well.

Thanks omni550 for once again organizing this meeting.

I'll be attending along with my DW.

We'll be traveling from Ocala. We may drive down a day early and knock around the area before/after the meet-up.

Either date is good for us.

No preference for location.

Looking forward to it!

One of my kids lives in Bradenton, I might be able to make a combo, E-R and kid visit on either weekend.

One of my kids lives in Bradenton, I might be able to make a combo, E-R and kid visit on either weekend.

Edit: to add, yes, just off I-75 near Sarasota would work. Or anything North of that.

I am probably out this year, but no final decision yet. Once details are figured out, I'll let you know if I can make it.

I can't do 2/11 but should be able to do 2/19.
I'm in Orlando but anyplace near 75 should work for me.

Thanks for all the responses, folks!

Looks like we'll be having a nice turnout again. :dance:

Attendees so far....

1 pb4uski (+1?)
2&3 Dtail+1
4 Lewis Clark
5 latexman
6&7 simple girl+1
8 FLSUnFIRE (only Feb 19th)
9 Hopeful
10&11 boog+1
12 Time2 (maybe?)
13 sarasota cycler (only Feb 11th)
14 BeachOrCity
15 Luvdogs (only Feb 19th)
16 omni

(38Chevy454 -- let me know if you are able to make it. And if anyone else wants to join, please let me know.)

It seems as though our "usual" place -- Gecko's -- has worked out well and is convenient for everyone who is planning on coming. Feb 19th is the date that accommodates the most people.

FINAL DETAILS:

Date & Time: Sun. Feb. 19, 2023, *2:00pm - 4:30pm-ish

Gecko's Fruitville (Exit 210 on I-75)

351 N. Cattlemen Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232

ph. 941-378-0077

(*Gecko's is not taking reservations. I will call when they open (11 am) to alert the staff of our group size, planned start time, and request that the staff try to accommodate us outside, as we did last year. )

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

(I'll do a "final nose count" closer to the 19th on this thread.)

omni

Last edited:
Thank you for organizing again Omni! On my calendar and looking forward to seeing everyone!

Attendees, updated....

1 pb4uski (+1?)
2&3 Dtail+1
4 Lewis Clark
5 latexman
6&7 simple girl+1
8 FLSUnFIRE (only Feb 19th)
9 Hopeful
10&11 boog+1
12 Time2 (maybe?)
13 sarasota cycler (only Feb 11th)
14 BeachOrCity
15 Luvdogs (only Feb 19th)
16 omni
17 soontobe2015

omni

Unexpected company coming. I am disappointed I’m no longer able to attend. I have been lurking here for years and really wanted to meet some of the good people on this forum.

I have plans to be there. So put me down as an attendee.

Next year DW and I will be there finally. We will be spending the winter in Ft Myers.

Back
Top Bottom