72 T distributions/IRS forms

herstous

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, I'm new to the site as of today and am looking for information regarding the specific requirements required by the IRS when taking 72T (early distirbutions) from an IRA or 401K rollover. Are there forms that need to be submitted to the IRS or do you simply contact your brokerage and request to set up a 72T distribution and give them your calcualtions. How is the distribution reported at tax time and what line is it reported on? My husband is 57 and I am only 50. If I do this in his account, what happens if he dies before I turn 59 1/2? Would it be better for us to use my IRA account to set up the 72T distribution. HELP! I have more tax deductions than I have income right now and want to get this done before the end of the year. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Hi herstous,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know a place where you might get a quick (and free) answer, if nobody here can help you. Try here:

http://fairmark.com/

In the left hand column you'll see a link to their message board. The folks there provide excellent tax information. And when you're dealing with tax issues, especially retirement plans, it's a good idea to get more than one opinion anyway. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom