A friend sent this to me today...

It’s simple. They are the ones who believe him when he says that God tells him what to do.

Smiley intentionally left out.

That may well be it. The only person I know who still thinks GWB is doing a good job is my mother-in-law. When I asked her about this at Thanksgiving, she led off with the assertion that my criticizing the President during wartime is treason. Then she told me that she has to support Bush because otherwise the Democrats will take over and Ted Kennedy killed someone with his car; Hillary wants to prevent her from seeing her doctor; and Barack's middle name is Mohammed and he is probably a Muslim. And also because the Democrats will let the Mexicans all come here.

Then I said that for the sake of our discussion, I would agree that the Democrats are scum of the earth/Satan's minions sent straight from Hell to kill us all, but I still wanted to know how she could possibly say GWB has been doing a good job these past 7 years. She responded "He's a good Christian man."

My reply "Well he sure doesn't act like it," was not well received.

Last edited:
My friend Jon thinks Bush is a great president because he respects and cares for the troops, he makes up his mind about something and then goes after it, and he's not a democrat. We didn't really discuss things beyond that.

I voted for Bush. I didn't like the alternative. I blame the democrats for putting up Al Gore/Kerry as my other option :D Smiley face intentionally put in :D:D:D

The fact that four million angry white men who voted for Bush twice (and would be glad to vote for him again, since admitting mistakes is apparently a show of weakness in the angry white man code)... the fact that they aren't going to vote for Hillary is supposed to be newsworthy? They aren't going to vote for any other democratic party candidate either, they're not exactly swing voters. Whatever.

So, you hate conservatives? That's interesting........:D

Let's look at the Democratic "choices" the past few elections:

2000: Gore: Need I say more?

2004: Kerry: Worse than 2000 choices.......

2008: Obama/Hillary:One who has been involved in more scandals than you can count, the other has the thinnest resume as a Presidential candidate in probably 100 years, but talks a good game.

You can beat on GWB and Reagan all you want, but they both were governors of some of the largest states in the union, so they did have some experience running budgets and things. And Bush Senior was head of the CIA, a post they don't give to just anybody.......

Hillaryis by FAR the most qualified, but does America want 4 more years of the Clintons, with Bill pushing his way around the White House?

I predict McCain will win just because he's the "Safe bet", although I'm not fond of him.........

"I predict McCain will win just because he's the "Safe bet", although I'm not fond of him........."

I agree with that. If it came down to Hillary or McCain the vote would be tough for me. I think Hillary is tough as nails and I respect that. Plus shes vicious like a shark >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsoy
The fact that four million angry white men who voted for Bush twice (and would be glad to vote for him again, since admitting mistakes is apparently a show of weakness in the angry white man code)... the fact that they aren't going to vote for Hillary is supposed to be newsworthy? They aren't going to vote for any other democratic party candidate either, they're not exactly swing voters. Whatever.

So, you hate conservatives? That's interesting........:D

How you got that out of my comment referencing the article is curious, maybe there is a secret code I accidentally stepped into. The article was talking about hatred, not me...

I'm angry - I'm white - I'm male - and I'll be at the strip club in case anyone needs me. Don't tell the DW or you will stir up the Angry White Female movement! :D

That may well be it. The only person I know who still thinks GWB is doing a good job is my mother-in-law. When I asked her about this at Thanksgiving, she led off with the assertion that my criticizing the President during wartime is treason. Then she told me that she has to support Bush because otherwise the Democrats will take over and Ted Kennedy killed someone with his car; Hillary wants to prevent her from seeing her doctor; and Barack's middle name is Mohammed and he is probably a Muslim. And also because the Democrats will let the Mexicans all come here.

LOL, sounds like my stepmother. Only she goes one step further to say if Hillary is elected it will lead to the end of the world...rambling on about how it will start all the predictions in Revelations. :rolleyes:

Hmmm.... I am a white women and I'm angry too !!!!:bat:
make that two angry white women. LOL

i haven't seen a good candidate for president (although Ross Perot did catch my attention briefly) since i turned 18 and could vote. so i always pick the lesser of two evils when i go to the polls. and i go every time!

politics shmolitics...the entire system is beyond repair. but it is what we have, so... beats the heck out of other countries' political systems, across the world. for now.

"I predict McCain will win just because he's the "Safe bet", although I'm not fond of him........."

I agree with that. If it came down to Hillary or McCain the vote would be tough for me. I think Hillary is tough as nails and I respect that. Plus shes vicious like a shark >:D

I like him - though I'm sure we'll get to see some "angry white male" moments from McCain.

Back
Top Bottom