AARP again

Status
Not open for further replies.

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
After a 5 year hiatus, we resubscribed to AARP two years ago. (We left for some now forgotten reason, probably because of some political disagreement). I know that the AARP is not a favorite of some members, but we find it well worthwhile. Not for the discount, because I had never been asked to show my AARP card, but for the information contained in the AARP Magazines and the bi-monthly bulletins.
Here is one example from the July/August Bulletin...Save Money - 99 Money Saving Tips, Discount Information, Cut Costs - AARP

It's the annual 99 ways to save feature. Of course, for frugal folks like us, many of the savings tricks are second nature, but, for example, there's one about saving 50% on title insurance on a new home, by asking for the "reissue" rate. There are a number of websites noted in the article, like the "Goodwill Auction" site, and Home hints like pouring coolaid in the toilet tank to check for a leaky valve. Food, Cars, Travel hints, Garden Tips etc... IMO a worthwhile read.

:) The one I liked was about turning the gas hose 180 degrees after filling up to get that last $.07 of gas that you already paid for.

Not trying to sell the program, but for my money, it's a good value. Am curious as to how many here are AARP members.

Last edited:
I agree that it is a good deal. You get a magazine and an newspaper for practically nothing. There is usually a few good articles in each every month.

I am up for renewal and have decided not to. The discount program is about the same as AAA so we're covered there. The magazine and bulletin were ok but the main reason I didn't renew is because I differ with their extreme politics.

I haven't renewed either, because I thing they are too conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom